3. Independence of the Seas

First the bad: Sloppy bland food in windjammer (catering for majority of passengers with dentures), bland food in main dining room, what used to be good food is now average food in my opinion. Poor service in jonny rockets (both visits dessert surrounded by dirty dinner plates)

very limited entertainment (we were told we were unlucky as entertainment staff changeover thus 2 shows instead of usual 4 on 14 night sailing)

dirty prom view windows provided "misty foggy" view (condensation and dirt on outside, we were told would be cleaned at next port of call - never happened)

Total chaos following explosion at Gibraltar. Staff advised worried parents that moved from kids club to safe location as kids club near blast. in actual fact- no kids had been moved.

Now the good:

Chops and portofino excellent

Cabin stewardess excellent

Piano man Kory Simon absolutely excellent

Manager Ash very helpful

Kids loved activities onboard

Overview:

Standards definitely slipped compared to previous cruises, but still made the best of things and had a good time. As a 33yr old young mum, I would be reluctant to sail again from Southampton as I prefer a younger dynamic. At times I felt like I was in a retirement home and I feel much of the entertainment catered for that.

Disappointing (compared to previous rccl cruises)

Independence of the Seas Cruise Review by Cruisyfloozie

Ages 3 to 6
Ages 7 to 9

Promenade Stateroom
Cabin PR 7611

7611 and 7613. Cozy, adequate, dirty windows. Overlooks barber shop.

Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins