3. Carnival Fantasy
First let me start by saying we are big fans of condos on the Gulf of Mexico for our family vacations. This year, we decided to step out of our comfort zone and try a cruise. We are in our 30's with 2 children ages 11 and 2. We just knew this vacation was either going to be a blast or a bust. Well....it was definitely a blast!!!! We started the trip by taking a 2 day visit to the Charleston area before the cruise. There is so much to see in Charleston and the surrounding areas that we could barely fit in all that we wanted to do. We visited Isle of Palms, Sullivan's Island, and downtown Charleston prior to the cruise. It was all so beautiful and full of history. There are many great restaurants and shopping. The day of embarkation was a little confusing at first, but eventually it all worked out. Carnival's check in system was down and we had to wait a while, but it was fixed and they got us all on the ship rather quickly. Once we were on the ship, we were able to go directly to our cabin....and SUPRISE! Our luggage was already there!!! The staff was so friendly and helpful. We put up our bags and headed for the food. The food was great. There were always several choices. Our favorites were the cheeseburgers, the deli sandwiches, and of course the never-ending ice cream cones. In the evenings (except for elegant night) there is a sushi bar. We loved trying all the different daily specials. It wasn't the most fantastic sushi, but definitely good. We had late dining in the Jubilee dining room, so sushi was a perfect snack before dinner. The food in the dining room was good every night. Our favorites were the Flat-iron steak, lobster tail, and of course the Chocolate Melting Cake. The staff was great and the people we were seated with were fantastic! We really enjoyed dinner each night. We actually did not get off the ship in Freeport. It was the best day we had!! The pool and Waterworks area were not crowded and the kids played all day. The weather was a little overcast, so it wasn't too hot. I liked how everything (except the casino) was still available even though we were in port. We did get off in Nassau and we loved it!!! We did the Atlantis Aquaventure. It was pricey, but we took advantage of every minute. The kids had a blast swimming, sliding, and looking at all of the sea life. Nassau is beautiful and the beaches are breathtaking. We had such a great time that when we returned to the ship, our youngest fell asleep and slept until the next morning! The best thing, in our opinion, about the Fantasy cruise was the staff. Our room was clean every time we returned and everyone was very friendly. I commented to my husband that they must be very well trained because it seemed as if I ever had a question about anything, who ever I asked had the answer. It is worth the money to have your room cleaned twice a day and your bed turned down each night. And did I mention the beds?? Sooooo comfy! The staff is extra friendly to the little ones. They treated our toddler so well and I never for one minute felt bad about having a small child on the ship. I know that annoys some people, but I think those people should just use another cruise line.....just saying... One other highlight I want to mention is the entertainment. The shows are very good and I would recommend that anyone sailing on Fantasy go check them out. The best one was the Beatles tribute show. The dancers, singers, and band did and awesome job! The kids loved it as much as we did. Overall, we had a very positive experience on the Fantasy and look forward to sailing with Carnival again.

Carnival Fantasy= Wonderful first-time family cruise!!

Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review by TNmom1

Rates
Get Carnival Fantasy price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 6E U182
A little movement felt in the back of the ship. Overall, quite comfy.
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins