3. Norwegian Dawn
My biggest complaint with this cruise was the lack of cream/half-&-half for coffee every morning through the buffet lines. We had it the day we left, then nothing. I did get some in Blue Lagoon one morning, but only after stating my unhappiness with there being none. And there seemed to be creamers for room service coffee on the 2 mornings we ordered in. We were never given a valid reason for the lack of it (we were told by one server that it was being "saved" for the restaurants.) We were also told they would be restocking it in Bermuda but there wasn't any on the way back, either.Another complaint was no explanation or announcement was ever given for the nearly 2 1/2 hour delay leaving Boston. The Captain never gave a reason at all. A bar waiter told us there was a dispute with the union dock workers refusing to work overtime to put our luggage on-board. Another said jokingly that it wasn't dark enough. I thought that was poor judgement on the staff's part to not inform us.There were some other temporary "glitches" such as issues with water availability in some areas, (which prevented hand-washing in some public bathrooms) and elevator issues and we never did seem to get the hang of finding The Venetian without several attempts! The staff were always extremely helpful and courteous and friendly. We always sat near the pool in the shade and was taken very good card of by "our" waiter Jeffrey. While I would tip extra every now and again, he treated our group no differently with each request, and always referred to us by name!We had a mid-ship mini-suite with a balcony and our steward Allan was awesome! There was plenty of room for my husband and I but I don't think having a third (or fourth, as this cabin can hold) would be very comfortable. While there isn't much drawer space for clothes, I liked having storage space for our luggage under the bed and therefore completely out of the way. I have a bit of trouble with arthritis and would've preferred a shower instead of a tub but loved having a hand-held shower head!We enjoyed the Dawn's entertainment group, very talented dancers and singers and aerialists! The comedian, Dave Heenan, was pretty good but many of his jokes I have read online in past years. The Second City group was fabulous, really enjoyed them. The band that played at the pool during the day had the same sound/songs/beat to every single appearance and that got old very quickly.The food was decent but, as a friend who had just cruised the Dawn told me, the desserts left a little to be desired.

Cruise to Bermuda May 27-June 3, 2011

Rates
Get Norwegian Dawn price drops

Mid-Ship Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MA 11626
Not much storage but appreciated being able to store luggage under the bed. We were mid-ship so location was awesome! Hallway was never noisy. I would've preferred a shower stall as opposed to the tub but appreciated the hand-held shower head. New flat-screen TV's but the sound quality left a lot to be desired. Our cabin was always cleaned and ready and we loved having a different towel animal each night!
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• King's Wharf
    Our only port was Bermuda and we were very excited to return to the island we left almost 30 years ago after living there for 5 years in the late '70's/early '80's while working for the US Navy! I was very impressed with the Royal Naval Dockyard and Heritage Wharf, much different from our last time there! It is beautifully landscaped and accessible and clean. Lots of information available upon leaving the ship.
    We hired a tour bus driver because we wanted to go to specific places (like the 3 homes we had lived in) and his name is Andre Scott and he was very, very accommodating and informative and helpful...and inexpensive!!! He was even familiar with a couple of locals we had known when we lived there and went out of his way to find them for us and we had a wonderful visit with them the following day!
    I think I'd forgotten just how beautiful that island is, and how aqua the water is. Bermudians are still some of the friendliest people on earth!
    View All 990 King's Wharf Cruise Port Reviews