3. Allure of the Seas
Sailed last week and had a blast. Allure is an incredible ship. Our favorite part was the entertainment. Hands down, the best shows on any cruise ship. We saw every show and were never disappointed, from Chicago to the comedy club, the talent was spectacular. Seriously, I'm an actor, so I know good talent when I see it.

We were also impressed by the design elements of the ship. The neighborhood design was fun and we were never lacking for something to do. Our 4 year old daughter rode the carousel more times than we could count. She also loved the face painting and balloon animals. The character breakfast was also fun. Worth getting up early.

We do have a few small complaints, or rather suggestions. First, when you're sailing on the largest passenger ship in the world, the first thing you look for in your stateroom is a map. But there were none to be found. I heard they were available for purchase, but come on, seriously? The interactive maps around the ship were helpful, but it would've been nice to have something to study in your room to plan your next day; not to mention, a great souvenir.

Speaking of the staterooms, the TV selection was dismal. RCCL makes a big deal about the Dreamworks channel on the Oasis and Allure, which was a big draw for us with two small children. We came to find out that when a movie ends, they show RCCL commercials on a loop for what seems like forever. I can't be sure, but I think we had to wait for the top of the next hour for a movie to start. And it seemed like every movie ended at 5 minutes after the hour. That channel should simply loop the movies with no commercials in between. Parents can only stand so much Boomerang or Cartoon Network.

Finally, we were pretty disappointed with the food options. The Adagio dining room was fantastic. The food was wonderful and the staff was extremely helpful and friendly. No complaints there. However, that seems to be where the quality ended, at least for complimentary dining options. The Windjammer Cafe (buffet) was really lacking when it came to food. The staff was nice, but the food selection was simply sub-par. The other complimentary restaurants had a very limited selection of food types if you didn't want a sandwich or pizza. It tasted fine, but we expected more options. As a matter of principal, we refuse to spend more money on food in the specialty restaurants, so I can't comment on them.

Overall, we had a great time though, and would recommend the ship. Despite the food issues we never went hungry and were always thoroughly entertained. Thanks RCCL!

Great cruise

Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by jdib78

jdib78’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Ages 3 to 6

Interior Stateroom
Cabin L 8431
bigger than expected, but of course after a week you're begging for more space. Nice TV. liked the interactive schedule aspects. Comfortable bed. No noise issues.
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Cozumel
    We took the Amazing Cozumel Race excursion and LOVED it. We saw sites we never would have seen on our own and had fun in the process. We were the only people from our ship who chose that excursion, but we had competitors from the Carnival cruise that docked next door. If you're hesitant about too much physical activity, don't be. There's a lot of walking, but you have rest points in air conditioned buildings and refreshments are provided during and after the "race." We walked a leisurely pace and still came in 3rd place. With bronze medals, no less! Highly recommended.

View All 5,718 Cozumel Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Cozumel Cruise Port Review
  • Falmouth
    Falmouth, Jamaica isn't really a completed port yet, so we didn't have anything to do there. We took a private guide to Ocho Rios and climbed the Dunns River Falls. Had a great time there!

View All 1,150 Falmouth Cruise Port Reviews