3. Carnival Victory
Our family (my husband, myself, our 2 daughters, a niece, a daughter's boyfriend and my mother) took the Western Caribbean Cruise on Carnival during spring break last March as a source of regrouping and healing after the death of my middle daughter 7/03 in an automobile accident. A cruise is the perfect therapy for healing. The ship was beautiful and unlike any other ship I had been on. Of course my last cruise before this one was in 1982 with RCCL. We had a balcony cabin, which was much bigger than I remembered. The luxury of having a balcony was well worth the few extra dollars spent. Our cabin steward was cheerful and treated the kids so well. The girls absolutely fell in love with our head waitress and helper. They made my husband feel like a king. The cruise director (I think his name was Steve) was funny and very visible throughout the cruise but his sidekick Skippy from Australia was the winner again with the kids. We visited three ports of call (Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios) on our trip. We booked tours in Cozumel and Grand Cayman, but went out on our own in Jamaica. My sister was vacationing there so we met up for the duration of the stay there. We really enjoyed the Turtle Farm and swimming with the stingrays in Grand Cayman. Shopping was fun in Cozumel. But watching the kids returning to the ship by 11:30 p.m. was more fun. One of them almost didn't make it back. We were all on our balconies yelling for "DAN" so we could sail on. Entertainment was fantastic and the food even better. I am an employee of Weight Watchers so the Healthy Spa selections on the menu were right up my alley. All in all, we had such a wonderful time that we are now booked on Carnival Legend to the Southern Caribbean same time this year. We sail to St. Maarten, Martinique and Barbados on March 11th for an eight day cruise. Who knows what the future holds for us with bigger and better ships coming along. Hats off to Carnival for helping our family to heal.

Carnival Victory - Western Caribbean

Carnival Victory Cruise Review by Margienj

Hats off to Carnival for helping our family to heal.
Margienj’s Full Rating Summary