3. Celebrity Eclipse
We were recommended by a friend to go on the Celebrity Eclipse. He told us that others were like "Premier Inns" and that Celebrity was of a much higher standard. We were amazed at the size of the ship and also our cabin. It had a wonderfully comfortable bed, large flat screen television, settee and a good sized bathroom. We chose a balcony cabin so that we could sit out late at night enjoying the view.

Having purchased the "premium alcohol pack" which is quite expensive we decided to experiment with all the cocktails we could manage! - which was great fun without getting silly. I'd recommend this pack because the drinks on board can be quite expensive.

You couldn't tell the ship was moving in spite of white horses on the sea and a bit of a blowing gale, the food was like none other I've had - from Filet Mignon to snails etc. Waiterscouldn't do enough but probably should have left us alone more. I don't want to be told "Here is your delicious steak sir, cooked to perfection", I'll decide that (although it was!). Having been blown away by the ship (and that's after only seeing a bit of it) and before we left Southampton we'd already decided on another cruise, to the Med in September on the Celebrity Silhouette.

I think we've been spoilt because, now having got the cruise bug, were thinking of another one to France in July with another company and, having read revues, will stick with Celebrity.

Celebrity Eclipse - Brilliant!

Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review by Giles Hayhurst

• Sail Date: April 2011
  • Destination: Nowhere
  • Cabin Type: Concierge Class

Giles Hayhurst’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Concierge Class
Cabin C1
WOW! - like your own bedroom, lovely large comfortable bed with loads of nice pillows (apparently the Concierge customers get better pillows), large TV (which we never watched), and a good sized bathroom with all the stuff you have at home.
Resort Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins