• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Deals

Celebrity Eclipse Review

Editor Rating
102 Awards

Beautiful ship; a little impersonal

Review for Celebrity Eclipse to the British Isles & Western Europe
H1022
10+ Cruises • Age 80s

Sail Date: Apr 2011
Cabin: Deluxe Veranda 2A

Check in was efficient and fast by eleven o'clock I was in the stateroom. I found the room to been clean and all the necessary info was laid out on the coffee table except for dinner table assignment. On the main deck, I purchased a drink package (in my opinion one of the best deals on board). The Captain's Club hostess was able to get me a dinner table assignment. So by noon I was settled on the pool deck with an adult beverage.As usual with Celebrity the baggage arrived about three o'clock and unpacking was very easy. There was plenty of storage space and an abundance of hangers. But unlike Aqua Class, A2 does not have the same high tech shower.Dinner in the main dining room was better than I had experienced with Celebrity before and continued throughout the cruise.I only have two minor criticism. The bar staffs were somewhat impersonal and the furniture in the Spa (adult pool)area was beautiful but uncomfortable.

Deluxe Veranda 2A

Cabin 2A

I like balcony cabins and this one was very nice. The TV system was outstanding. We did not lose any channels all the way across.

Port Reviews

Lisbon

Took the shuttle in the the city center. The streets were clean and a very nice pedestrian mall with nice shops and restaurants.

Vigo

Vigo was a typical fishing port. I took the ship tour to Santiago de Compostela since I had walked the pilgrimage in 2007. The ride up the coast to Santiago was beautiful very green with many inlets. Santiago is a medieval city with small streets and a beautiful cathedral.

previous reviewnext review