• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

DLSOB
6-10 Cruises • Age 80s

Sail Date: Apr 2011
Cabin: Junior Suite

We flew into Lisbon from Gatwick with Easyjet late on Sunday 17th. April. Stayed overnight at the Novotel for a comfortable nights sleep and a very good breakfast. Taxi to the Vision of the Seas around 11.30am. on the 18th..

Quick and easy embarkation and on board for Windjammer lunch by noon. Stateroom (or cabin as per the direction signs) available promptly as promised at 1.30pm.. The JS on Deck 8 was as spacious as expected with very generous cupboard and drawer space. Whilst very clean, light and airy the JS shows its age. Nothing to detract from its amenities but wear shows up on the chair and settee coverings. The curtains appeared to have been changed but not the pelmet.

My wife's suitcase showed up at 3pm. Cages of luggage came up to deck 8 throughout the afternoon and early evening but not mine. At 9pm. I went to Guest Relations to enquire for my suitcase - yes, I was told, it is on our list of those being held by security on Deck 1. "Why was I not told?" I asked - "you could have left a message on the JS phone." There was no answer to that.

Junior Suite