3. MSC Orchestra
All my recent experiences have been on Cunard where the meals are a highlight to be looked forward to, the ambiance of two thousand passengers dressed in evening dress is electric and the lectures are of a high standard and the floor shows are West End standard.

This short cruise on the Orchestra was a total contrast to this. The ship was ok but the public rooms were in general very brash and lacking in taste. The food in the self service cafeterias was very poor and in the restaurants just poor. There was no attention to detail - a waiter came around trying to sell grapa and limoncello - both of which I like - but at the beginning of the meal and they were not available at the end. The food was very works canteen standard.

The cabin was quite good and having a balcony overlooking the stern was a new experience for me and an enjoyable one. The wine bar was also to be recommended.

Overall, if this was my first experience, I wouldn't be going back. Cunard you're fantastic!!

In need of a Conductor