• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

berrygirl76
2-5 Cruises • Age 40s

Sail Date: Apr 2011
Cabin: Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

We decided to book this cruise for our honeymoon mainly because it left on a Monday. It was his first cruise but my second.We flew into Tampa on Sunday evening. We took a taxi to our hotel (Hilton Garden Inn Ybor). The hotel was very nice and clean. They had a free shuttle to the port. It took about 5-10 minutes to get from the hotel to the port.Embarkation was very quick and smooth. We arrived at the ship around 12:00 and were on board by 12:15. I have no complaints about the Tampa port.Our stateroom with a balcony was wonderful. Our attendant was very friendly and left us surprise towel animals every evening. We were very pleased with the food. We ate at the Windjammer for breakfast and lunch. I thought the selection was great for breakfast and lunch. I was not as pleased with the breakfast. The toast was very crispy not only on the edges but in the middle as well. The edges on the pancakes and waffles were very crunchy. A little too hard for my taste. However, the selection of fruit was magnificent. For dinner, we ate in the main dining room. Our waiters were very attentive and by the 2nd or 3rd night, they were bringing our drinks as we sat down. Neither one of us had anything that we just didn't like.The activities were abundant. On sea days, we played pool, ping pong, shuffleboard, basketball, and mini golf. We never had to wait in line for anything.We attended the main show every night. We enjoyed all of them. I wouldn't rank them as high as Broadway or a Vegas show, but for a cruise ship they were very good. Excursions - we booked an excursion through a private vendor for Costa Maya. We booked our Cozumel excursion through the ship. We did the scoot coupe adventure and loved it. It lasted about 4 hours and went around the island making a few short stops. The scenery was beautiful.Overall, I would definitely go on this ship again. It has been sailing for 10+ years but the wear and tear is minimal for that age. The ship goes into dry dock this summer. Can't wait to see the results!

Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

Cabin D2

8596 - Spacious closet, great balcony, centrally located and very close to Centrum elevator.

Port Reviews

Costa Maya

Although Costa Maya is still recovering from the hurricane in 2007, it is still a nice place to visit. The shops and pool at the port is a nice place to take a swim or have a drink. You can also pick up your souvenirs while there. We booked an excursion through Island Marketing for an all-inclusive beach break. After going past the port shops, we took a taxi to Mahahual Beach to Nohoch Kay. Highly recommend!! It is a nice beach with umbrellas and chairs. They only take like 40 people per day so the crowd is pretty slim. The food is awesome. The drinks were good as well. We were able to kayak and swim. The water was pretty shallow (waist deep) but was perfect for me. It was a very relaxing day.

Cozumel

We booked the scoot coupe excursion through the ship (Royal Caribbean). The trip stopped at 3 places - a lookout point, a restaurant with a private beach, and a pit stop called the Pee Pee Station. The trip went around the island and then came through downtown and back to the port. It was great seeing all of the scenery. I have read other reviews where they thought it was very unsafe. I never felt scared or unsafe. Most of the time, there is very little traffic on the road with you. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

previous reviewnext review