3. Norwegian Star
My husband and I took this cruise in September of 2010. We were actually on the last sailing of the year. I had wanted to visit Alaska since I was about 17 and it only took 17 years but I finally got there! We lucked out with the weather because even though I did tons of reasearch I had no idea how rainy Alaska could be and I had NO idea that the time we chose to sail was the rainy season.All in all, we had fabulous weather that even the guides were shocked. We did all our excursions via NCL. For my husband and I this is the way to go. We just enjoy the guides and the stories and the little in and outs we would probably miss. Excursions really depend on the person/s because some enjoy going on their own- totally understandable considering pricing. We did dog sledding in Juneau which was fun. Smelly but fun. You have to love dogs for this one. Mudbugging in Ketchikan which was fun. We got filthy but the guide was great and we enjoyed it. Mind you, not alot of wildlife on this one since the carts are very loud. We did a tour in Skagway where we canoed up to a glacier. It was amazing and fun- even though I didn't realize canoeing is ALOT of work, haha. It was a great experience. Finally, in Prince Rupert we went whale watching. The boat took us back to the Alaskan border which shows you how far out we were- on a tiny boat. Brings meds if you think you'll get sick. Saw a few whales, had an awesome time on each excursion.As for the Star itself, no complaints here. We had some very rough weather and coming home the captain changed course. We ended up sailing back down the inside passage rather then going around. He was kind and spoke to the passengers via intercom often letting us know what he was planning to do in order to ease the ride. The crew was wonderful and friendly. Everything was great and though I cannot give you specifics I also cannot give you anything bad so that says alot. I went into this cruise a little leary as my prior cruise was on NCL POA and I was less then thrilled- with the ship not with Hawaii. Oh but wait, I did have one slight issue. The desk messed up the billing on my credit card. Caused me a TON of problems for days after I returned but NCL did resolve it AND gave me and my husband a fantastic on board credit we are using in June of 2011. So even though it was a hassle they made up for it and then some. I give the Star, their staff, and Alaska two thumbs up :)FYI, from what I hear bring bug spray if you go as the earlier in the season the more mosquitos.

Alaska the Great! NCL Star the Great :)

Norwegian Star Cruise Review by Dustee

• Sail Date: September 2010
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Balcony
Dustee’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Star price drops

Balcony
Cabin BD
Our cabin was perfect for us. We had a balcony and had no issues at all. Tv worked fine, bathroom was good too. It was tiny but they all are but our bathroom had a seperate are for the actual toilet which was pretty cool. Location was mid ship on the 10th floor and quiet. Elevators were a little crowded but the steps are easy enough.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins