3. Carnival Pride
Hi to all. First of all, ANYTIME I am off work and get paid to be on vacation is a good time, so that is what is most important.

Embarkation was very easy. Arrived at port at 12:30, just like last year. Took about 30-40 minutes to be on the ship.

Cruise director or some high-ranking officer of the Pride should be standing there greeting you when you embark and when you disembark. There is NO excuse to me on that one, sorry. I know Kirk was leaving the Pride after our week, but you could tell his heart was not in it like last year.

We were disappointed that winds kept our balcony divider from being opened until Wednesday, and that they then closed it for good on Saturday.

Seasickness meds used to be FREE, now they charge 3.39 for two tablets.

Our room steward Vance was very nice. We liked our balcony room just like last year.

We LOVED Bermuda and would return.

We lucked out this year and got a dining room table next to a window. There were four of us for dinner. Our head waiter fell ill mid-cruise and his assistant waiter John took over. Unfortunately, he is not yet ready to be a main waiter. No personality, slow. My food was cold a lot. Sorry, it was.

My girlfriend treated us to the chef's dinner and it was fantastic, but years ago that is the food you used to receive in the MDR, that is what bothers us a lot.

Carnvial employees should acknowledge you as you walk down the hallways. They did not on many occasions. Celebrity, etc. are excellent when it comes to that, not to mention other great qualities.

We do not use cruise lines for excursions any longer, but booked some private ones with Hartley Helmet Dive and also hired a private tour guide, Colin Jennings.

We did enjoy the Serenity section when we could find a spot.

We met some very nice people as well.

It was NOT worth the money we spent and would NOT sail on the Pride again, sorry.

Great to be away, but it was different from last year

Carnival Pride Cruise Review by cavewoman

• Sail Date: April 2011
  • Destination: Bermuda
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

Seasickness meds used to be FREE, now they charge 3.39 for two tablets.

We LOVED Bermuda and would return.

We did enjoy the Serenity section when we could find a spot.

We met some very nice people as well.

cavewoman’s Full Rating Summary