3. Navigator of the Seas
Well, I have not written these for every cruise, I should. We started cruising just a year ago, have taken 5 in the last year. We consider ourselves seasoned travelers and when traveling by land, prefer to stay at luxury properties - 4S, Waldorf, Ritz. So we are bit spoiled and prefer the nicer things. And we just may have taken our last RC cruise. Blech describes the overall experience. We will stick with Celebrity and Princess and HAL moving forward. I already have Mem Day booked on the RC Freedom so we may stick with that one, we have a family suite and the ship is newer so am hopeful.BEST thing about the Nav was Portofino, DEEEEElightful! Best $20 I spent. Loved it, everything about it: food, service, superb.WORST think about the Nav - it is in terrible shape. Seriously - the bars inside the elevators looked as if they had been gnawed. The carpet was so disgusting down our hallway and the smell so bad, I had to hold my nose for the walk to the room. The whole experience was like a really bad Hilton. When we were on the Solstice, I felt like I was on the 4S at Sea...lovely! Ahh, happy memories.Bottom line - if RC gave me the Royal Suite for a trip the Mediterranean for FREE on the Nav, I would pass. It was in poor shape, the food in the MDR was decent, the buffet was disgusting, the service was hit or miss. Certainly there are always a few who just go above and beyond. Some awfully nice service people aboard but honestly, why anyone would say nice things about this experience is beyond me. If you like 'nice' and you want a lido that has at least decent food, you are on the WRONG ship and possibly the wrong cruise line. We'll see what I think of the Freedom in May. Meanwhile, I am on the HAL Westerdam next week, with high expectations!

Ship is in sad shape...

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by techsearch

techsearch’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 3 to 6
Get Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas price drops

Cabin was AFT with a HUGE balcony, if you can, book a corner AFT, you will NOT be disappointed.
  Navigator of the Seas Deck Plans