3. Norwegian Sky
My wife and I just returned from a 3 night weekend cruise to the Bahamas on board the Norwegian Sky. We had a wonderful time. We chose Norwegian for the "freestyle" dining and the availability of a shorter itinerary. We wanted to go on a shorter cruise because we weren't sure if my wife would get seasick (she has a tendency to get motion sick). She didn't!

The ship, while old, was in great shape. To my knowledge, it was just in dry-dock a couple of years ago. We had a balcony room and loved it. I cannot recommend a balcony enough! The crew was wonderful, everyone great.

The only downfall was the food. It was pretty bad at the buffet on our first day. The MDR food was better but still nothing to write home about. On our next cruise (aboard the Pearl) we plan on trying the restaurants that have a cover charge.

I would highly recommend this trip for anyone who is a first timer because you can try it out without dedicating a week or more and anyone looking for a great weekend away.

Excellent First Cruise

Jeebs’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Mid-Ship Balcony
Cabin BA 9033
The cabin was good. It had adequate space in the closet for all of our luggage. Drawer space was limited though.
Norway Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins