Azamara Journey Cruise Review

Birthday Bliss

Azamara Journey Cruise Review by horseman1

• Sail Date: Mar 2011
  • Destination: the Eastern Caribbean

First cruise on a small ship. Azamara has its act together. Staff is extremely friendly and approachable starting with the captain.Main dining room, Windjammer, specialty restaurants and even pool grill were excellent. Evening buffet on deck with fish from market in St. Martin was unexpected treat. Complimentary wines were of good quality and variety. Best breakfast room service menu i have seen on a ship. Smoothie bar in Windjammer breakfast was awesome!Tony was outstanding cruise director and excellent singer. Lloyd from production show group was not only a very good singer but did a 1 hour comedy and singing show that was very much enjoyed. Judy's opera performance was excellent. Enjoyed Carlos Alvarez in Mosaic Lounge every night. I had read reviews which complained about the entertainment but we liked every show except a female singer who joined the ship late in the cruise.Service was amazing. On second day I went to guest relations to ask a question about my on-board credit. Guy was on duty and jokingly told me that if i didn't use all of the credit, his birthday was coming up and he liked a watch in the gift shop. I told him that I would consider it but my birthday was that day and I would probably use the credit for myself. When I told him it was my birthday he asked me to wait a minute, went into a back room and brought me a bottle of wine as a gift!Only complaint was spa. Typical Steiner facility. Sell, sell, sell. Kept me waiting 30 minutes and didn't have time for my full service. Also did the wrong kind of massage which caused me some problems.

horseman1's Full Rating Summary

Small bath and balcony. Very clean and well maintained

Antigua

Poor town to walk through. Crowded with 3 other ships.

St. Barts

VERY expensive. $50 cab ride each way to lunch on other side of Island.

horseman1