CYBER MONDAY DEALS! Get discounts on top-rated cruises. View Deals

Juanita56
First Time Cruiser • Age 2020s

Sail Date: Dec 2004
Cabin: Mid-Ship Balcony

I had read the message boards for months before boarding on 12/12/04. I was determined to keep an open mind. I travelled with my niece, she was a last minute substitute for my boyfriend. I'll get the bad part out first. We arrived in FLL at 10:45 a.m. Met with NCL reps for the shuttle. Was informed at this point we had to wait until 2:00 p.m. Shuttle didn't arrive until 3:00 p.m. Not a very good way to start a vacation, having to wait in the baggage claim area sitting on the floor for FOUR hours.

Embarkation was relatively smooth considering the number of passengers they have to deal with. Once on the ship I proceeded immediately to my cabin to get my champagne that was pre-ordered weeks in advance. Much to my dismay, I didn't have what I ordered. Took my order form to the front desk to explain the situation. I was there for approx. 15 minutes arguing with this person before I was finally able to get what I had paid for. However, she insisted I pay an extra $2.00 for the brand that I already overpaid for. I wrote them a letter with the proof that I had ordered the correct item even though she insisted that I didn't. Waiting to hear back from them.

Once I got past that fiasco, everything was lovely. The ship is beautiful. The staff, except Ms. Thing at the front desk, was very courteous and helpful. Room stewards kept the room in excellent order, refilled ice bucket w/out asking. We had a balcony so it was great to sit out there and relax. I had read about the very hard beds. I didn't find them to be that uncomfortable. I didn't order an egg crate. I guess it depends on what you like. I thought the food was great. Ate at the main restaurants. Windows is gorgeous. Didn't care too much for La Trattoria. I loved that I could eat when I wanted. Went by myself several times and was seated with other people. Enjoyed that. I was able to meet so many different people from all over the country. Shows were nice. Moulin Rouge theatre is beautiful.

Mid-Ship Balcony