• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

First Time Cruiser • Age 40s

Sail Date: Feb 2011
Cabin: Interior Stateroom
Traveled with children

We just returned from our family & friends cruise to Belize, Costa Maya, and Cozumel on Liberty of the Seas. There were 27 of us. It was great! We really enjoyed it. The ship was amazing, so many things to do, the staff is fantastic.

I was sooo skeptical of a cruise especially traveling with a toddler (20 months). I researched everything, some answers I was looking for I did not find so I included my 2 cents.

I do not recommend taking a child in diapers (see below) or if you want to spend lots of time with your family and friends a cruise may not be your best bet for a large group. On a day at sea you can hardly get chairs, let alone together.

Interior Stateroom

Baby monitors don't work. Free wifi would be awesome!

Port Reviews

Belize City

Ports- Belize - Do the cave tubing and zip line tour, hopefully you are lucky enough to get Carlos as your guide for the tubing. Hands down amazing!

Cave Tubing & Aerial Trek

Costa Maya

Costa Maya- Do the beach break Maya Chan. I missed out, but the rest of the family went. Private beach, they only take about 40 people, all drinks, lunch, sports included, plenty of chairs, cabanas, massages right on the beach.

Rate: $ 56.00 per person w/transportation. We are a very small private funky beach hangout 4 miles from the public malecon(boardwalk). Free wifi and beach massages for $ 25.00 half hour, $ 45.00 hour.

www.mayachanbeach.com

If you decide not to go on a excursion, there is a pool with swim up bar and lots of stores right at the port

Cozumel

Cozumel - Shopping and bar hopping.

Find a Liberty of the Seas Cruise from $249