3. Liberty of the Seas
We just returned from our family & friends cruise to Belize, Costa Maya, and Cozumel on Liberty of the Seas. There were 27 of us. It was great! We really enjoyed it. The ship was amazing, so many things to do, the staff is fantastic.

I was sooo skeptical of a cruise especially traveling with a toddler (20 months). I researched everything, some answers I was looking for I did not find so I included my 2 cents.

I do not recommend taking a child in diapers (see below) or if you want to spend lots of time with your family and friends a cruise may not be your best bet for a large group. On a day at sea you can hardly get chairs, let alone together.

Low Down on Drinks

Drinks $14, the specials of the day were $12 (Margarita, long island, were 2 I remember)

Smoothie bar is the way to go, get a smoothie and have it topped with rum $6 vs. the other bars

Beers $5

Wine- The wine package was worth it, if you like wine. You can share it with your table, and you can take it with you if you don't finish it or leave it for the next day. Only some wines are available for purchase by the glass ($6-$9). Cheaper bottle started at $39.

Low down of traveling with a Toddler (20 month old)

- Get a larger room than an inside cabin. Inside cabin with a pack-n-play is a squeeze, it fits BUT you have to manuver around it while your child is sleeping and that is hard. Plus you have to take it down every morning.

- Our monitor did not work, we had lots of family around our room, and we couldn't go to another or sit outside the door while our son fell asleep.

- No swimming for your toddler. There is only a small "pool" (3inches of water) with one sprinkler that is not fun for an active toddler. Diapered & swim diapered children are not allowed in the H2O zone, or any other pools. My son wanted to keep going into the sprinkler section, he saw all the other kids in there.

- This is enforced too

- Fridge does not stay cold enough for the milk, so get it at dinner or from room service right before you want to use it

- Everyone was so friendly to us and our son, they remembered his name, what he liked, just like the adults.

- The babysitting service are available for $10 an hour, but only in your room, and I didn't want my son confined to our small room.

Wish I would have brought

• Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Interior Stateroom

Low Down on Drinks

Beers $5

Low down of traveling with a Toddler (20 month old)

- This is enforced too

Rates
Ages Under 3

Interior Stateroom
Cabin K
Baby monitors don't work. Free wifi would be awesome!
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins