• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Celebrity Solstice Review

Editor Rating
30 Awards

Beware of Aqua class on Solstice!!

Review for Celebrity Solstice to the Eastern Caribbean
scampy1
First Time Cruiser • Age 60s

Sail Date: Feb 2011
Cabin: AquaClass 2

First I want to say that this trip on Celebrity Solstice was one of the worst cruises out of 140 that I have taken. Celebrity cruise lines has treated me unfairly by selling me a trip advertised as spa at sea on AQ Aqua class. I did not sleep for the 7 nights that I was on the ship. Still suffering several weeks later from sleep deprivation im going to give a shorter review because I'm just tired and over it now.

I'm in my 40's married, take care of my elderly father full time who is very ill, (my husband stayed home to care for him..) Traveled with my 23 year old daughter who lives overseas now .

Booked Aqua class cabin 1507 at an online travel site a month in advance. The cabin was sold to me as being in the bow of the ship near to the spa and relaxation areas. Included added amenities such as a robe & slippers, fruit, flowers, unlimited access to the persian gardens and dinner at Blu. When booking the cabin i checked what was above me on celebritys webite and the space was "Blank" figured it was office space or something. This was an AQ veranda cabin. Also limit of two passengers per cabin in this area. Peace..quiet..zen? Keep reading.

AquaClass 2

Cabin A2

The worst of the worst. Thin walls, Banging, gym up on your head. Get ready for no sleep at all in this nightmare cabin. Makes you want to literally jump ship.

Find a Celebrity Solstice Cruise from $949