3. Carnival Freedom
On the positives, embarkation was smooth, food was decent as normal on Carnival,room was kept clean, dance shows were great, purser personel were friendly and helpful, dining and room personel were great, and the itinerary was good. The captain's welcome party is no longer free drinks.

Excursions: If you like guitars ands showgirls, in San Juan the Juan Carlos show is great. Juan Carlos is amazing, but the location is not great. Snorkeling at Coki Pt is okay for beginner,but no so great for experienced snorkelers. I took a cab there and local people working the beach will drag you in to rent their beach equipment (pushy). The Antigua excursion on the catamaran around the entire island was long, but alot of fun (free rum punches too). On Tortola we took a local excursion to Jost Van Dyke White Bay and Soggy Dollar Bar. The trip there was long but beautiful with island on both sides of the boat. The beach was absolutely beautiful and the snorkeling was decent. In Nassau, we shopped at the straw market and walked through part of Atlantis. A cab is only $4 over there and back. You get off at the Marina village and walk though shops and luxury yachts. At the end, you can go into the casino and also walk around it. This is all free. We did not go over to the waterpark. The ferry over to Atlantis is a hassle and cost $3. Avoid it!

On the negative, except for the shows, we could not enjoy thte clubs and bars. There is a great Asian rock band in Habana, but you would hit heavy smoke before ever going in (none from cigars). The was smoke at all bars. There would be a few of the same smokers in each bar every night and all the rest of the people with nothing to do. If smoking is needed, then there needs smoking/non-smoking sections in each large lounge with good ventilation.

Beware if you purchase liquor on or off the ship. They confiscate the liquor. The staff did not tell you that liquor would not be returned until the day of debarkation. This is the morning after they already took my luggage. I purchased 6 bottles that I had to carry off the ship and then find my luggage. I then had to get porter help and find a place out on the sidewalk by the taxis and repack my luggage to include the liquor.

Bingo and "Morning Show" at pool is annoying for a pool atmosphere!The people working the lido buffets did not seem happy as on other cruises.

I would never book this ship again.

Smoked filled evenings.

Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by beachboy2

I would never book this ship again.

beachboy2’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Interior
Cabin 4C 1311
Cabin was good size and fairly quiet in bottom, middle of ship.
Main Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins