3. Celebrity Eclipse

We arrived on a rainy morning and were one of the early people standing in line in the rain waiting to be admitted to the terminal at the Port of Miami. Check in was slow but we met our friends on the way in and had lunch plans so the time passed quickly. The ship is beautiful. Our bathroom was very classy and the beds were excellent. The storage space was very limited and the the cabin itself was rather small.

The dining room was very pretty. The food was very good. The service throughout the ship was excellent. We enjoyed the amenities on the ship. I liked the pool area and there always seemed to be enough seating. The entertainment was okay- loud even in the main theater. As far as entertainment - there is something to appeal to everyone even late into the night. The Apple Lab was very cool and the library was beautiful.

The ports were fine and the weather was good. We did their drink package which IMO encourages drinking - I would not do that again. I found it difficult to figure out where everything was and consequently missed some events. I assume those who cruise Celebrity would not have a problem but this is only my second cruise.

The ship in the common areas is gorgeous and well maintained. This is a lovely ship and we had a nice time.

Cruising with Friends on a new ship - How good is that?

Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review by bcirish

• Sail Date: February 2011
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Concierge Class

bcirish’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Concierge Class
Cabin C2 1649

Great bed, nice TV - could be turned toward the bed or the couch, no drawers or shelves to put things in or on and hanging space with limited hangers. Very classy bathroom - had more storage than rest of cabin. Couch - not easy to sit on. Furniture on balcony was very comfortable- great chair footstools and nice table. Liked having balcony covering above us - could be out even in the rain. Interesting view- opened the door to a sign which indicated forward and aft as well as the service stairway. Most had some kind of artwork across from the doors. Noticed a lot of motion regardless of the speed of the ship - more than normal IMO. 1649

Resort Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• San Juan

Great place to go out and about on your own. Ship docked right in Old San Juan and we were able to get off and walk the area down to the fort and back wandering the many streets. It would have been nice to be there long enough to go the the rain forest although we got a taste of torrential rains as we docked. This is always a nice port to enjoy on your own.

View All 3,096 San Juan Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's San Juan Cruise Port Review
  • St. Kitts

This was out first time in St Kitts and I found it very interest and not touristy. WE took a tour of the entire island including a train trip which allowed us to see their beaches both rocky and sandy - black and white sand. The people are very friendly and most of the shopping was in the dock area which is quite new. I was unaware of the high monkey population there. We did not see any except the ones that they had for photos at the dock. Their primary industry used to be sugar cane and they are still transitioning to tourism. We enjoyed being here and would go back again

View All 1,405 St. Kitts Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's St. Kitts Cruise Port Review
  • St. Maarten

We used the water taxi which was excellent - for $6 we could go back and forth from the ship dock to Phillipsburg all day long. Phillipsburg has spent a lot of money dressing up the Front Street shopping area and the beach area. We chose to stay there since we come and stay on the island for 2 weeks every year. I find the shops to be some of the best in the islands. Personal favorite - The Belgian Chocolate shop - candy to die for.

The beaches in St Martin are great- personal favorites Orient for people watching and Dawn Beach for the best breeze and on calmer days snorkeling too.

The Butterfly Farm is a treat and the owners are very hands on and extremely knowledgeable. The market in Marigot is a unique experience especially on Wed and Sat when the locals come to buy fruits and vegetables and meats etc as there are local artisans showing their wares.

View All 4,134 St. Maarten Cruise Port Reviews