3. Emerald Princess
We arrived at the Terminal at 11:45 AM. Check-in was fast. We were in our cabin ten minutes after noon. Our luggage was delivered around 2 p.m. This was our 7th cruise, second on Princess. The other five cruises were of various HAL ships. BREAKFAST: food and plentiful and tasty. Unfortunately, Princess have not yet discovered the type of toaster that toasts slices of bread on both sides at the same time that we use here in our homes in North America. They have some toaster that works very, very slowwwwwww and toasts on one side only. LUNCH: We chose the buffet-type at the Horizon on the 15th floor. Again, wide choice, good food. DINNER: we chose anytime dining, usually showed up between 7 pm and 7.30 pm. We always requested a table for two. Only twice over ten days did we have to wait for a table, and never more that 10 minutes, even when we were told it would be 20 minutes. We found the food excellent in all aspects, the choices very varried, presently professionally and with a smile. My wife is a fish and sea food addict and she always found everything perfect. I had a fine steak once, cooked medium-rare exactly as requested. Another night I had lamb chops(carrE d agneau) so tasty I had to keep myself from asking for a second plate. We are not sweet dessert afficionados, so cannot comment on those. A few times, I asked for the cheese plate. That was OK but the cheeses were too cold for my taste. My wife and I are knowledgable foodies, still eating at excellent restaurants in Montreal, New York, Miami several times during the year, so we are able to judge when food is just so so and when it is really good. We found very good wines under $30.00 and the bottle was put away for us until another night as we only had half a bottle with each meal. Land tours: first was Magen Bay Beach on St-Thomas - which I very highly recommend. Second land tour was at Dominica, a new tour FALLS OF DOMINICA AND SULPHUR SPRINGS which we enjoyed immensely. Now, Dominica is a poor island but we met the warmest people you could hope for. It is an island of mountains so there often are showers. The tour we took requires one to wear solid shoes as the trails are slippery, going up a side on a mountain and down another side. Being avid outdoor amateurs, we throughly enjoyed that particular tour. Our Guide, Jillian, was a gem of a young lady, patient with our questions and knowledgable in her replies. She spoke good French also as did a few local people we talked to. Nightly shows: We caught 9 out of 10,(we do not go the the hypnotist) and yes, we showed up half an hour before the start. All in all, this was not our last time with Princess.

Emerald Princess 26 Feb. to 8 March 2011

Emerald Princess Cruise Review by escargotexpress

All in all, this was not our last time with Princess.
escargotexpress’s Full Rating Summary