• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

bttravel
2-5 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Feb 2011
Cabin: Deluxe Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

Just returned from a five day cruise on the Radiance. I picked the cruise mainly for the price since I treated my sister, son and daughter in law. They wanted to try another cruise line and we had previously taken 3 trips on Carnival.

Got to the pier around 11:45 and quickly on the ship in about 25 minutes. Biggest difference I noticed was the friendliness of the crew. Smiling, saying hello, etc. The food was the 2nd thing I noticed. It really was good! Compared to Carnival it was a big improvement. The Windjammer had "spread out" buffet stations and there was no bottleneck. The variety was was nice...sandwiches, pizza, all kinds of salad fixing and the rolls were to die for. In fact I ate so many that they could have killed me. They were that good.

Our room was ok. It was a bit dated but very clean and comfortable. I would have liked a couch that 2 people could fit on but managed.(Maybe I shouldn't have indulged in all those bread products). The bathroom was what I expected. After the 2nd day, I managed to learn how to take a shower without flooding the floor.

Deluxe Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony