• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

crustycrab
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Feb 2011
Cabin: Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

For me, there are no bad cruises.This is our 15th. We flew into Tampa and took the hotel free shuttle to the Hampton Inn Rocky Point. Beautiful view on the bay and nice room.Bahama Breeze restuarant next door was delicious. Next day we had priority boarding and we were on board by 11 am after sailing thru embarkation. Radiance is small and the single soaring centrum,along with the glass elevators, gave a feeling of spaciousness.The ship was clean but she is looking tired and the draperies and carpet are ready for replacement. Also the tiny bathroom has the old stained bottom shower curtain which flaps.Clothespins did help weight the bottom (I read this on these boards). The buffet dining was not of great variety but the seating area is great. Uncrowded both inside and outside deck aft. I love,love this outdoor dining. Of course,the chilled fruit soups and the lobster were a dining hit. The MDR was enjoyable. My waiters were great.Room steward also great.

Music was exceptional.Something for everyone all times of day. We enjoyed the pool tables.Warm ambience in Bombay Club,Colony Club and SchoonerBar with the smell of old teak.I paid $100 for a week pass to the thermal suite area (you may also pay $20 per day).Heated tile loungers facing the sea and the aromatherapy are relaxing.Our balcony was oversized with 2 loungers,2 chairs and table. Room service was prompt,free and a good menu. We loved the full breakfast on our balcony. Disembarkation easy. Shuttle service to airport.

Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

Cabin D2

Huge oversized balcony Rm. 9092 and 9078 on either sie of glass elevator. Great central location. Spacious feel of hall and centrum outside door. Quiet library nearby but music from centrum can be heard in room. No elevator noise. Adequate storage. Tiny shower.

Port Reviews

Costa Maya

This is our 3rd visit here and we love it because it is still unspoiled. The main port village has a large central pool and on the south side of the village at the sea is a sandy area with hammocks and massages.We always walk out the back to the gates and onto the street where we shop at the drugstore first. I buy prescription cosmetics cheap. Then we pay $2 pp for a short cab to Majahaul, a fishing village on the beach. It is safe and you can always see the ship across the water. We stop at the first taxi stop which is Tapas Bar and restuarant. $10 for a lounger with umbrella for 2 at water's edge. We also sit at a table with thatch roof under coconut palms and lunch. They will bring you a platter with fish catch of the day and lobster tail and you choose lunch grilled. Margaritas and tacos are good also. BEST SNORKELING! Look for Neptuno fishing skiff and Pedro will take you as far as you want. My sister had never snorkeled and he taught her and led her personally over beautiful coral.Since the water was crystal clear with minimal waves/current it was ideal. The reef is still alive even at shallow depths (7-10 ft.)

Cozumel

We have been here many times and Cozumel is too developed for me. But each visit we find a new experience. This visit we were approached by a cab driver who noticed the 4 adults amid a long line waiting for cabs. He asked if we were interested in Playa Palancar. I do a lot of research on cruise boards etc and knew there was a great snorkeling reef offshore. It is not resort like and we loved that.The cab drove past the big beach and hotel resorts then turned off the main road toward the beach for .5 mi. where we viewed alligators in the lagoon as we pased. Amid palms at the beach are diving and snorkeling boats, a restuarant,a small shop,clean restroom,showers,loungers,and snorkeling off the beach (for my inexperienced sister who tried snorkeling.) I snorkeled out from the beach and saw numerous colorful fish in large schools and conch shells. Cost for cab,lounger at beach and snorkel gear was $20 pp. Margaritas at the beach were made with fresh lime and quite potent and good.

1 Helpful Vote