3. Celebrity Equinox
I give many high marks for the Equinox staff's attentiveness to passenger enjoyment of the cruise experience. Food: Outstanding in all venues. Buffets (breakfasts,lunches, dinner) in the Oceanview Cafe provide seemingly endless selections for all apetites. The Brunches in the Silhouette Main Dining Room on formal dinner nights are not to be missed. The Bistro on Deck 5 provides a unique crepe menu (entrees and desserts). I'm a meat and potatoes guy who had seen, but never eaten, a crepe anything. My wife wanted to have dinner Bistro so off we went. Bottom line: the service, entrees and desserts were absolutely outstanding. Subsequently, I asked my wife if she would like to have dinner at the Bistro again. We did and it was great again. Entertainment: First Class, both the high energy production shows and the individual entertainer shows. Dru Pavlov, Cruise Director, is not only a highly personable and competent emcee in multiple venues, he is very entertaining in his own right. He provides passengers with valuable information (as an emcee or on Cabin TV) to maximize their exposure to events and activities to enhance their cruise experience. Doug Cameron (violinist), a featured performer, displayed great versatility and depth in a thoroughly entertaining performance. Gary Arbuthnot (flutist) played celtic as well as show tunes and had the audience riveted. A ventriloquist was also highly entertaining. In Celebrity Central, Dr. Diane (Psychologist) did a series on relationships. Her presentations were upbeat, interactive, insightful, and funny. The A Cappella group (Jukebox) was fantastic. They sang in multiple venues and did a great job. The String Quartet really enhanced the cruise experience with their multiple venue classical music presentations. There were 2 areas where I give lower marks. (1) Outside Celebrity Central and Quasar on the first night of the cruise there was a display of various ship venues (Aqua Spa, Bars, Acupuncture, Restaurant Place Settings, etc.) and an offensively loud carnival barker-like enticement to attend these venues. This event struck me as very uncharacteristic of the overall Celebrity elegance. (2) The later night music in the main foyer was much too loud. It could be reduced 15 decibels and be more tolerable. Staff: Guest Relations, Excursions, Cabin Services, Restaurants, Bars, etc. are outstanding. We met the Events Coordinator (Nastja) in the main foyer early in the cruise and she struck us as being an impressively competent individual. She was very thorough in explaining the range of Captain Club events.

Sailing With Celebrity Equinox

Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by GeoMarko

GeoMarko’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Get Celebrity Equinox price drops

Our cabin was on the back of the ship (our favorite place) above the wake. Great view, great cabin.
  Celebrity Equinox Deck Plans