3. Celebrity Summit
Just returned from 7 nites on Summit in the Southern Caribbean...this was my second cruise with Celebrity and I loved the ship and the itinerary. The stateroom was roomy and clean with a veranda. Met wonderful people and had a great time....my only comments are:

I wasn't made to feel like the "Celebrity" the cruiseline promises...not all the staff were as attentive or even in some cases friendly as experienced on my first cruise (Galaxy in Europe 2008). Of course I don't mean to imply that this was in any way the majority of the crew...90% of the crew were totally accomodating, friendly, helpful and fun...but you know...when you encounter those few who aren't...it makes an impression that sort of takes away from the others.

The quality of the meals in the MDR was slightly less than experienced before. Some of the nightly choices were on the mundane side, and some were not that well prepared resulting in meals that were bland and blah. Just seemed not quite up to par.

But once again...let me emphasize that the cruise was great and they do a fabulous job! I loved the Summit and would highly recommend it.

Always room for improvement....

Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by zulu9800

• Sail Date: February 2010
  • Destination: Southern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Ocean View with Balcony 2A

zulu9800’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Deluxe Ocean View with Balcony 2A
Cabin 2A 7023
Very clean, plenty of space but wished that the light upon entering the stateroom didn't illuminate the entire room...only the closet area. Found it disturbing to want to look in the closet or even come into the room when my cabin-mate was asleep...the bright lights came on all over the cabin.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins