• Newsletter
  • Cruise Tips

Disney Magic Review

Editor Rating
13 Awards

The Good and the not so good....

Review for Disney Magic to the Eastern Caribbean
cruisekitty7
10+ Cruises • Age 40s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Jan 2011
Cabin:
Traveled with children

Let me start by saying I have been on many cruises, but this was my first going as an entire family. There were 6 of us total; my parents, brothers ages 9-12 and me. We flew in the night before and stayed at the Springhill Suites by the airport. We took their free shuttle back to the airport the following morning and checked in with Disney Cruiseline transfers, which also checked us into our cruise. This process was very smooth and efficient. We received our key to the world cards and then waited around 20 minutes to board our bus. On the bus they showed some cartoons and some videos of the ship. The total time from the airport to the pier was 53 minutes. Once we were at the pier we went through security and directly on the ship. We then went to Parrot Cay for a nicely prepared buffet lunch. The cabins were ready by 1:30 and we left port around 5:00pm.

Our first 2 days of the cruise were at sea. There were many activities daily to keep both the adults and kids busy. The kids enjoyed the Oceaneer's Club and the were very good at keeping us notified of when the kids were ready to leave. The bad of the kids club is they put on these large pieces of plastic attached to a bracelet. The bands are big and bulky and the kids were constantly asking to have them taken off because they were scratching their skin. I would recommend them to be placed on the ankle for comfort. DCL also had the regular stuff such as Bingo and Karaoke daily. The pools were crowded as always on sea days, but the adult pool was nice and quiet for when the adults needed quiet time.

The first port we arrived at was St. Maarten. We did the afternoon beach bash shore excursion. This excursion takes you to Orient Beach. It was a little over priced for what you got. We were at the beach for 2 hours and of course everything there was extra. The cost of the excursion was already $44 for adults.

Cabin 5C

Balcony was tiny. It was nice having a split bathroom, but the cabins creaked very loudly while we were sailing.

previous reviewnext review