3. Oosterdam
The Oosterdam is a pleasant enough ship, but not one to WOW. Our room was up to par. The food was average...certainly nothing to get excited about. The ship itself is quite nice, but not out of the ordinary. The staff were friendly and helpful. We did not like the fact that with a party of ten we had to eat at either 5:15 or 8:30. They could not accommodate us at any other time. Anytime dining would be better if it was actually anytime dining. The ports of call, Peurto Vallarta, Mazatlan, and Cabo San Lucas are all easy to navigate. On one of the shore excursions we were told, emphatically, that there would be a toilet on the bus. After getting up early and tendering in to Cabo and walking to the bus, we were told that there was no toilet on the bus. This meant that I could not take the tour. I was quite angry, as we had specifically gone down to the shore excursion office on the ship to double check that there would be a toilet on the bus. But in their favour they refunded my tour and my husband's tour (even though he did take the tour) and the woman who had given me the wrong information came to my cabin and apologized personally. The onboard singers were above par. The magician was average, but Joel Mason, the Elton John impersonator was fantastic. We have seen him on a previous cruise and were thrilled we got to see him again.

Average Cruise on Average Ship

Oosterdam Cruise Review by AloraDanin

• Sail Date: February 2011
  • Destination: Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Large Outside Stateroom (fully obstructed views)

AloraDanin’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Get Holland America Oosterdam price drops

Large Outside Stateroom (fully obstructed views)
Cabin HH 1108
1108- Spacious for a regular outside cabin. Bed was comfortable. Reasonable amount of closet space. All in all we would travel in that sort of cabin again quite happily.
Upper Promenade Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins