For many years my husband has wanted to try a cruise however I have not really fancied it, so it was the usual Caribbean/Med beach holiday 2/3 times a year. Our friends who have cruised on many occasions finally persuaded me that I would enjoy the experience....and so we booked the Azura with them. We have just got back from a simply amazing holiday. From the very beginning at Exeter airport where we said goodbye to our luggage [we saw it again in our cabin] to the wonderful flight..we flew economy but the seats and leg room were the same size as previous times when we have upgraded, so well done Thomson's. Also all meals and drinks on board were free. We landed at Barbados and went through customs quickly then onto a coach and to the ship. Boarding was done in the most effortless way and as we only carried hand luggage it was so easy. FOOD... Simply fantastic....breakfast was served to you in dining room or help yourself in other dining areas. Everything for every body. Plenty of it. Food is available nearly all the time, from fruit, yogurt, to salads or hot. you also have grill bars and pizza bars all cooked fresh for you.. Bars/entertainment....So much to do if you wanted to on board, there is a full itinerary for all even if you did not want to disembark and see the various Caribbean islands [we visited all 8 islands] and it was superb. STAFF From your cabin attendant to your waiters and bar staff...these people work so very hard and they are cheerful and polite at all times. The entertainment staff are amazing and involve you in everything if you want to be involved. We saw shows, dancers, comedians plus did lots of quizzes etc etc ...too many to mention. We had a Caribbean night where we all dressed up in bright colours, also a 60s/70s night. Too many great nights to put here. SUMMING UP All in all we had a truly fantastic experience and we are looking forward to the next brochure coming out in April...[we paid £50 each on board to pre book another holiday with P & O ] this gives us extra on board spending which is a great help..also if, like me, you thought the drinks on a cruise ship would be very high, well let me tell you, they are on a par with most pubs. Hope this has helped any body who is a little unsure about cruising. We booked through Bath Travel who were wonderful.. Linda & David Woodward

!st Timers

Azura Cruise Review by linda woodward

• Sail Date: February 2011
  • Destination: Canary Islands
  • Cabin Type: Inside Stateroom

FOOD...

Food is available nearly all the time, from fruit, yogurt, to salads or hot.

STAFF

SUMMING UP

Linda & David Woodward
linda woodward’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Get Azura price drops

Inside Stateroom
Cabin OG E310
Great. Beds were very comfy and big. Very quiet. Quite perfectas we were midship.
  Azura Deck Plans