3. Carnival Splendor
Plenty of fun, great staff, great ship. This was my second Carnival cruise and I guess my preferences just lean towards the other cruise lines I've experienced.

One disappointment on this particular cruise was the anytime dining service. Even when we were one of the first to be seated for the evening and only ordered appetizer & entree we were still there 1 1/2 hours. Our server appeared to be stretched too thin on all three occasions we dined in the dining room.

We had an interior spa room on deck 10 which allowed us free access to the spa pool & treatment rooms. On the first day we went for a tour, telling the crew member that we had the spa room but either she wasn't paying attention or didn't think it necessary to tell us we would still need to "sign up" at the spa desk to receive key card & wristband. So, hours later in swimsuits & robes we realize we don't have access to the pool & have to hunt down a crew member to find out about the process.

All of the areas we had access to were nice but I think they are (WAY) overpriced on a "daily pass" basis of $95!

I treated myself to a "fire & ice" pedi/mani on the last port day. It was nice but the high pressure sales tactics made it more stressful than it should have been. After having finally made it clear for the third time that I was not going to purchase any spa products at that time I received my bill which had an overcharge of $30. I pointed it out and it was corrected after a short wait.

I didn't attend any of the shows but did go to several of the comic shows which I very much enjoyed.

Disembarkation was not as smooth as we had hoped. We carried our own bags off which normally goes very quickly. Not sure what the problem was but very unorganized when we got off the elevator on the gangway deck. Standing room only and subsequent elevator arrivals had no room to even get out of elevator. After about 20-30 minutes the line began to move very slowly.

Again, overall the cruise was fun, staff & ship great. Just wanted to share a few of the differences I noted between my Carnival & previous cruiseline experiences.

Maiden Sailing (Post Fire)

Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by MetravelUtoo?

• Sail Date: February 2011