• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Tucson54
10+ Cruises • Age 80s

Sail Date: Jan 2011
Cabin: Superior Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony

My husband & I were passengers on Mariner from LA around Cape Horn to Santos, Brazil. RCI has changed drastically since we sailed a few years ago. They have cost cutting in place - no hair conditioner or lotion - no shower cap on the first leg. These items did show up on the second leg.

The food was below par - beef too tough to chew - fish either over or under cooked. Very difficult to get any fruit suitable for cold cereal. Windjammer was typical steam table fare - guests were calling it the "trough."

I have never heard of passengers moving from one cabin to another having to pack up & put their luggage out by 11PM. We moved from cabin 9342 to 8670. Usually (ALWAYS)the staff move you - Not this time!!!My luggage was lost & I couldn't get any staff to help me. My husband & I searched the decks & found 1 bag all the way forward on deck 7. I went to Guest Relations to ask for help. The young lady rolled her eyes, sucked her teeth & said "What do you want me to do? It's not my fault." That was the attitude from Guest Relations for most of the cruise - very condescending & unpleanant. My luggage showed up at 9PM.

Superior Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony

Cabin D2

Port Reviews

Cabo San Lucas

All the ports were interesting. The problem was that on the ship tours that we took the guides spoke very poor English - we're not sure what we saw

1 Helpful Vote