Love to rock n roll on the high seas with friends: Norwegian Sun Cruise Review by szdiver

Norwegian Sun 4
Member Since 2004
4,886 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

Love to rock n roll on the high seas with friends

Sail Date: January 2011
Destination: Eastern Caribbean
Embarkation: Port Canaveral (Orlando)
We decided to start out our cruise with a trip to Walt Disney World first to start out our fun. Our friend from California, Peggy was with us on this one. We booked into the Animal Kingdom 2-bedroom villa in Kadoni Village where our deck was open to a savannah with animals walking about day and night. Some of those we watched were: giraffe, zebra, ankole cattle, red river hog, okapi, eland, antelope, kudu, impala, wildebeest, africn spoonbill, crowned crane, flamingo, stork ostrich, pelican and vulture. It was wonderful to watch and we got lots of pictures. I will go day to day so hopefully won't miss too much.

Jan. 25th we arrived and got unpacked. Our groceries we had ordered arrived in a timely manner and everything was put away. We had a 2-bedroom villa with living room and kitchen...that night we ate at Sanna - a restaurant on the premises. We had bought the delux dining so we had reserved ahead of time all our lunches and dinners. Made it easy to know where to go. We More had an early night as everyone was tired.

Jan. 26th: Breakfast at Tuskar House in Animal Kingdom was for me - eating with the Characters is always a favorite of mine. It was buffet style and very good. We roamed around Animal Kingdom for the day, taking a safari ride and train, etc. That night we went to Polonisian resort for the Spirit of Aloha Dinner show. It was terrific. Food was flowing and so were the drinks. Back to our room for sleeping. We turned off the lights was could still see the animals outside. I loved the giraffes especially.

Jan. 27th: We ate breakfast in and got ready at leisure. We had reservations for lunch at Sci Fi Theater and did Hollywood Studios for this day. Peggy was especially loving the booths here as we actually sat in old cars and watched the big screen during lunch. Fun, fun, fun! We road around on a trolly for a tour and just had a bunch of fun. I got my face painted with a design and it was like being a kid again. We returned to our room and dressed for dinner at the California Grill - our big night out with fireworks. This one I flubbed because I should have realized that people won't give up their tables on time if fireworks are involved. Anyway, it was a fun time and another day in the bucket.

Jan. 28th: Friday was our last full day and we ate breakfast in room again. Having all that food available was good, but we had accumulated about 20 snacks that we had not used, so we bought them all at the store in the lodge and took them along on cruise. Lunch that day was at Epcot Living Seas (or whatever it is called now). We had a booth which faced the tanks and it was thrilling to watch all the sea creatures while eating. We explored Epcot that day and ate in Mexico for supper. As we walked along the countries sipping different wines we were approached by an employee who offered us VIP seating for the fireworks starting soon. We accepted and were shown to a front spot on the water. On the veranda above us was the group of Chilian miners who were visiting Disney. What a fun time we had. The fireworks were wonderful and we walked the other half of Epcot to get to the ride back home. We had to take buses most of the time since we were so far away from everything, but it was done in a timely manner.

Jan. 29th: Time to leave our little kingdom. We had hired a limo to take us to the port and we arrived at the NCL Sun in style. We were shown on immediately with no lines. Nice to be VIPs....LOL

Our luggage arrived, we met oour butler and room stewart (Larry) and decided to go to Teppanyaki for dinner. There were only 3 of us and it was a fun time. Peggy and I decided to buy the wine package and had wine every night with dinner no matter where we wound up. The dance party and welcome aboard was tonight and it was a lot of fun. Stacy Wayne preformed for the first time and was wonderful as usual. Bed time....

Jan. 30th - 1st full day and we are at Nassau in Bahamas. We took Peggy to Atlantis as she had not gone there. We bought the day pass for $25 each and roamed the grounds. We ate at the "cupcake" grill. It looks like a giant cupcake. Downstairs is an acquarium and you can also go through the larger one called the "digs". Beautiful place. That night we tried the new restaurant called Moderno Cehurrascaria or brazalian steakhouse. WOW! you gotta try it! All that different kinds of meat brought out on skewers....WOW! wonderful and delicious. (AND FILLILNG) At 8PM each night Steve and Jim had a dance party.

Jan. 31st: Day at sea. Our cruise critic friends had set up a meet and mingle today and although we did show up, there were only about 10 of us. Don't know where the others were but we did get to meet a few. We signed up for 250 minutes of internet for $100.00. We could not get on very much and wound up cancelling and paying $35 for what we used. At 3PM Paul Revere and the Raiders were great and we had a good time, except when one of the waiters spilled a whole tray of drinks on my husband and did not even appologize. He later threw a dry rag at him and left again. I got it wet so Dave could get some of the sticky off. We ate dinner in the regular dining room. I should say here that Virginia paved the way every night where ever we wanted to eat we did not wait in line at all. Most nights we ate at 7PM and by-passed the lines. That was actually fun. We ate breakfast and lunch at DeAlgio (the Italian restaurant) most days where suites got to eat without all the pushing. Loved the attention. Another dance party and got to dance with my favorite fellow...

Feb. 1: Day 4 was St. Thomas. The question and answer session was noon to 2PM. We just shopped in St. Thomas till we took a taxi over to town where we were going to go up in gondolas for famous top of St. Thomas. On the ride over I realized I did not have my camera with me and sent Dave & Peggy on up to wait while I took another taxi back to try and find it. No luck - it was no where to be found. I had just bought it before cruise and paid a bunch for it. I was of course devistated. We had lunch and went down to Havensite shopping where I found a policewoman named Mary who sat with me and started calling around. The taxi we had left it in was the only one called love cab and was red. She actually found the guy and LOW & BEHOLD! he had my camera. We got to ride to the pier in a cop car and was re-united with my camera - less the money inside. But I was very happy and of course tipped the taxi driver $20.00. What an adventure! Back on board ship, we enjoyed a little rest, ate lunch and later, of course, dinner in dining room. Since it was a full port day, we did not have a show.

Feb. 2nd: St. Marteen - Dave & I had a beach day - and Peggy went into town for a little bit. We met up after lunch and at 3PM were the Comets who were just wonderful. I realize I use that word a lot, but what else can you say? The coctail party and Jim & Steve's dance party ended another day.

Feb. 3rd: Day 6 was a day at sea and Virginia our conceriege had helped myself and Peggy and Dave to arrange for Jimmy Jay and Chris White to put on a live broadcase with video feed in the DeAlgio restaurant after breakfast with all the stars. It was a fun time for everyone who could squeeze in. Later that day, Gary Pucket of Union Gap fame preformed for us. Jimmy Jay did the dance party that night along with Stacy Wayne as Elvis. It is fun to watch him perform and sing to his lovely wife.

Feb. 4th: Last full day at sea. We had Chuck Negron performing with his son and an autograph session with all the stars. Very crowded! Afterwards, the last dinner at LBistro - Thanks Dave & Peggy - I love this restaurant. With all the chocolate fondu. Last dance party and early to bed (Is 1PM early?). We had arranged another limo to the airport and it was fun not to have to ride in a bus. After we left, there was a bomb scare on the Sun which delayed the next cruise a bit. Scarey!

All in all, it was another fun rock n roll cruise with Tammy and Concerts at Sea. If I neglected telling about the ship, I guess I was more into the music part of it. Did not see any of the shows, but the Sun just got out of drydock. Our room stewart Larry was generally ok. Our butler Jerome did not live up to other ones we have had, but was mediocre. Virgina, our conceriege was the best! She was always around and doing something for us. Thanks Virginia. That's it for me. Another cruise in the bucket. Some day I will be able to say we have sailed 1000 times - maybe? Less

Published 02/17/11

Cabin review: SE9076 Penthouse with Balcony

AC 9076 was nice with an extended deck which we used infrequently since the sun was always out there and there is no protection from it. It was a bit chilly most of the time. The room is nice with the bath in the back of the living room and connected with both bedroom and livingroom so we could have privacy when necessary. There was adequate drawer space for all 3 of us and the closets were good. There is one in the bedroom and one in the bathroom annex. We had a problem with the shower not working and it took about 8 hours for them to finally get it fixed. After being in drydock, you would have thought everything would be working property.

Read All Penthouse with Balcony (SE) Reviews >>
Read more Norwegian Sun cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic’s Norwegian Sun Review >>

Compare Prices on Norwegian Sun Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Member Since 2004
4,886 Forum Posts
Enrichment Activities
Family & Children
Fitness & Recreation
Onboard Experience
Public Rooms
Shore Excursions
Value for Money
Skip X

See Norwegian Sun deals up to 82% off:

October Deals
Norwegian Sun 71% Loved It

15 Night Panama Canal Cruise
See all Norwegian Sun Deals >>