3. Carnival Pride
We wanted a week out of the cold this winter and when I got some gift certificate options where Carnival was one of my choices, we thought it made the value great. Problem we had was some other veteran's cruisers stated in their review - too much smoke, entertainment lacking, and food choice limited.

It did not compare at all to our RC 12 day cruise where food was great, entertainment was terrific, and the destinations were fab!

Was disappointed in the lack of nightly entertainment and the one night we went it was OK. The only other real night of entertainment, my husband said I don't want to go and you be disappointed so we stayed and watched a movie in our stateroom -- of course we fell asleep.

We were excited to get bump up to balcony but was not able to enjoy liked we hoped since the next door folks decided to smoke all the time and let their kids run wild. They also left on their balcony light all night so we couldn't lay in bed and watch the waves liked we hoped.

We went a couple times to the adult only area. Used the new furniture they loaded in Port Canaveral. One night we went to listen to music and my husband said lets go in 10 minutes. He hated sitting with others there to just get smashed.

We stayed on board at Port Canaveral since the tour we picked got canceled. Wasn't impressed with Atlantis tour at all - more sales pitch then viewing. Sad to see Freeport having issues due to economy.

Our stateroom attentive was great. Knew our names and made sure to greet us when we boarded and said hi anytime he say us - using our names. Our dinner room guys were attentive and fun -- also knew us by name.

We have had other great trips on Carnival but I think we will do more RC cruises in the future. Maybe our age or style but having two trips close together showed us what counted for your vacations and hard earned money.

At least it was warmer then DC

Carnival Pride Cruise Review by drdssp

• Sail Date: January 2011
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Extended Balcony

drdssp’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Extended Balcony
Cabin 8K
Liked the location and size was nice. Just wished the neighbor wasn't a smoker so we could enjoy the balcony more. We believe they were even smoking in the room which we could smell in ours. Plenty of storage. Bathroom size we felt was fine.
Panorama Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Baltimore
    We are loving going out of Baltimore. The 45 minute drive is wonderful. Others we meet love the fact they can drive to the port from places such as Ohio, NY, PA, etc. We have been hearing from some West coast folks that it has been cheaper even with airfare. Also am proud to hear the Maryland hotels in the area are stepping up to provide out of towners options for getting to the port and taking care of folks.

We love not having to hop on a plan or drive to FL! We can get off a ship on Sunday, unpack and be ready to go back to work on Monday.

View All 308 Baltimore Cruise Port Reviews