3. Navigator of the Seas
After we booked the 4 night Navigator of the Seas cruise, we realized we booked over Super Bowl weekend. We figured that there would be a "viewing party" for those interested, but once onboard, we found out that this was a special "ESPN SUPERBOWL AT SEA" cruise. Oh no. Having been on the Navigator only a year earlier, she is still in good shape, and she's a beautiful vessel with a lot to do. Unfortunately, RCCL's cutbacks were extremely noticeable. The menu's are EXACTLY the same as last year, and they are the same as the last several years. The date on the menus (in the bottom corner) was 2008. Sad that no new menus have been developed. The food was okay. Just okay. Nothing stood out as "fantastic". As this was only a 4 night cruise, there was no lobster, just steak one night, and shrimp another. Day 1 - We boarded and went to the Windjammer. I was surprised that the Honey Stung Chicken is now a boneless chicken patty. Last year it was fried chicken pieces, and was much better. This was a disappointment. As usual, the buffet was very sad and lacked inspiration. Why even have "JADE" on these ships? They never have any type of real asian foods. It's always a repeat of other items on the buffet like burgers, hot dogs, etc. We went to dinner (we had My-Time) and were disappointed that you could no longer pre-reserve a table for the entire cruise (even though we had 6pm reservations). You now had to request that section each night and they would try to accomodate it. We were lucky that they were able to accomodate it - but we were at a different table each night with the same servers (even though we were usually the first person in the dining room). They also no longer use the entire 5th floor for MY TIME. They only use half of the floor. They said that there are fewer people booking MY TIME, so they are using regular dinner seatings on the other side. I was on the cruise celebrating 2 birthdays. They were both notated in the reservation (I even verified the confirmation). They were supposed to celebrate one the first day and one the last day. They only celebrated the first birthday - on the second day rather than the first. They forgot the second one. Oh well. It happens. We went to the show that night to find that it was the ESPN cheerleaders, followed by ESPN commentators. We left that show. Not interested! We had 2 connecting cabins - 6506 and 6507. Unfortunately, the second cabin (6507) had plumbing problems in the bathroom nearly the entire cruise. We reported the issue and was told they would fix it. And, they did something to partially fix it each night, but it broke by each morning. The toilet wouldn't flush. We were told that there was an issue on the previous cruise with a guest flushing something that should not have been placed there, and they were having issues with that entire line and could not get it fully repaired. Room Service - Every night we ordered room service for a snack. Each night it arrived wrong. Either they forgot something, gave us something we didn't ask for, or gave us way too much (like 5 of one order instead of 1). Day 2 - We were at sea, so we planned to have breakfast and lunch in the Dining Room. They have revamped the breakfast menus. With NO Eggs Benedict!!! It is something that I look forward to on every cruise. I asked the server, who told me that they still had it, and he could get it for me, but it was being phased out - which is why it is no longer on the menu. WHAT? In the main dining room, you only have a few breakfast choices now. They push the "EXPRESS" breakfast - which is pretty much a similar menu to the Windjammer. Very disappointing. Lunch in the dining room was much better than breakfast. Day 3 - Cozumel. We took a taxi for a 3 hour tour and went to the local ruins (San Gervasio), saw the beach, etc. It was nice. Overall comments - You can definitely see the cutbacks at RCCL (and several people on board were heard complaining). From the cutback on Eggs Benedict at breakfast, the same menus they have had for years in the dining room, no shrimp on the lunch salad buffet in the dining room, no shrimp salad sandwiches in the Promenade Cafe, no chocolates on the pillow during turn down service (although that disappeared a long time ago), it's very disappointing to see cut after cut on RCCL. Another pet peeve is that they continue to allow people out of proper dress into the dining room. The first night, I saw tank tops, white undershirts, shorts, jeans, etc in the dining room. And I saw that EVERY night. Even formal night. It was a joke. The maitre'd should be policing this and sending people who can not dress appropriately to the Windjammer. At least have a tie on for formal night. Seeing someone dressed in a t-shirt and shorts in the dining room is very upsetting (and one Customer made a scene at the front door when he saw they were letting people in that didn't follow the dress code). THEY NEED TO POLICE THIS MORE - other cruise lines do!!! The cruise, which we had hoped to be a "fun" getaway turned into more of a "relaxing" getaway since we spent a lot of time in our room and on deck - just trying to stay away from Super Bowl activities. I'd go again, just never during the Super Bowl.

A nice relaxing weekend - but a bit disappointed!

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by airlinerob

Day 1 -

Room Service -

Day 2 -

Lunch in the dining room was much better than breakfast.

Day 3 -

Overall comments -

airlinerob’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Get Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas price drops

I love the Promenade rooms, but 6506 and 6507 were very loud from the parties on the Promenade and the bar below. I would not book these cabins again.
  Navigator of the Seas Deck Plans