• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Fredddo
6-10 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Jan 2011
Cabin: Oceanview Stateroom

This was the first cruise for us on this Ship. We favor RCI over both Carnival and NCL. We chose this ship and itinerary because it stopped in Belize during a week that we could both get off of work. We attended almost every show. The Ice skating show was absolutely fantastic - I never thought that I would enjoy an ice show that much.

We ate our dinners in the Betrocelli dining room on "my time" and enjoyed them very much. We often lunched at the buffet on deck 11 and snacked often at the coffee shop on 5.

We booked 2 excursions through the cruise line on the days that our ship tendered us to shore and 2 excursions by ourselves on the days that the shipped docked port side. We had an issue with one of our RCI excursions and received a 25% credit within 24 hours.

Oceanview Stateroom

Our second floor cabin was in the middle of the ship (from front to the back) and we felt very little movement (rocking) at sea. Our large port hole was acceptable for the price.

Port Reviews

Costa Maya

We chose the Native Choice Chacchoben Extreme tour. Our tour guide was Catherine and our driver was Alexandro. I really appreciated having a dedicated driver and let the tour guide do everything else. Catherine explained everything that we were going to do in great detail and spent as much time as was needed to answer questions along the way. She was friendly and entertaining.

The van was very clean and its air conditioning worked great.

We stopped at the Launa Maya resort after the cruise. We had a great lunch (with drinks included) and we went kayaking in the afternoon. This place was new, very very clean and has private changing rooms. I could have spent an entire day their relaxing, kayaking, swimming and napping. No large crowds - an intimate experience. The owner was there and he made himself available to us for questions or comments.

Belize City

We chose the Cave Tubing and Jungle trek excursion.

Our tour guide was Flowers and our driver was Enrika.

I can see why this is so popular - it was a great experience. You will have to carry your gear to the river but you are not hurried. My wife, who is not athletic, had no problem. We absolutely loved the river ride and I will never ever forget this cave experience. The cave actually went on longer than I had expected.

There was a line for the lunch buffet but it was worth the wait.

I highly recommend this excursion.

Grand Cayman (Georgetown)

We chose the Best Of Cayman. Our tour got off to a rough start because the tendering ashore drug on too long. We enjoyed the "Castle" (which was actually a large house) and the garden tour that followed. We enjoyed the Stingray adventure the best. The crew on the boat was very friendly and they were able to coax my land lubber wife off of the boat and into the very shallow water with the Stingrays. She ended up interacting with them more than I did while I took the underwater pictures.

This tour would have been much more enjoyable if we could have started on time which was no fault of the tour guides but the cruise line.

Find a Liberty of the Seas Cruise from $249