3. Westerdam
We got into Ft. Lauderdale the day before stayed at Cambria which offers free shuttle for airport & cruise port.not much around hotel ( subway sandwich shop )They serve dinner & breakfast ( extra cost & just ok)

Got on board ship at noon went to Lido it was ok,room ready at 1:30.Once in cabin noticed an inch or 2 of dust along the floor vent & the info guide had greasy food on it.We called our attendant & he took care of it.

We had anytime dining,there was a long wait about an hour & still no table decided to go to Lido,it was closed.All the dining times have been shortened,when we got into the MDR the food was just ok & dinner took about 2 hours.The servers seemed to be over-worked.the MDR was hardly open for lunch & the time was 12:00 to 1:00.The Pinnacle grill was not good either,there was a big long piece of plastic in a cooked veg.the salmon was fishy.

If you are sensitive to smoke watch out.The people smoke their heads off in the casino,balconies,outside decks.The common areas were not clean enough for me,seats in vista lounge had spills,tables not wiped down in all bar areas that I saw.Buckets of dirty water was in Lido.

It was very boring on this ship ,disco was smoky & bad music.The cruise director seemed bored also.there are mostly people over 70 so I guess he figured it was useless.I am a young 50's, I want a party atmosphere when I cruise.

This was my last cruise on Holland .

Never again this ship has sailed

Westerdam Cruise Review by delliemd

• Sail Date: January 2011
  • Destination: Southern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom

This was my last cruise on Holland .

delliemd’s Full Rating Summary