Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review

Disappointed - Average Cruise

Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by crabdip

• Sail Date: Jan 2011
  • Destination: the Southern Caribbean

First, I would like to start saying the ship is gorgeous, spotless and elegant. My favorite venues were the Blue Restaurant and the Gelateria. The Gelateria makes the waffles every evening. I can still smell the waffles, excellent venue.

Service - Room attendant, Blue staff - were very professional, funny, attentive - It could not be better, both staff make a HUGE difference to my experience at the Equinox.

Before we board - I email the customer service, to request a romantic dinner at the Lawn, something like a table with two chairs, candle lights or something similar. Their respond was NO. Well, during the cruise guest what? They had a wine picnic event at the Lawn. First, excellent customer service try not to say NO, instead they become creative. They should have said, well maybe we can get a table and two chairs, but we can have a blanket and wine & cheese. Second, when I saw that activity, it was a slap on my face.

Aqua Class - I wish someone could reiterated the perks that you get when staying at the Aqua Class. We have to find on our own what we were entitled to. We paid for it, the least that they could have done is explaining the perks. Again, customer service fail BIG time.

Guest Relations Staff - I gave them a BIG 0- I was in line for about 10 minutes, waiting to be helped. This is the catch. It was not that they were helping other guest, there were no guest. They had 5 staff talking to each other and no pay attention. I had to approach them and asked for a Manager. I was very upset. They make me feel worthless. No one likes to be ignore. The manager apologies, but the damage was done.

Food- no variety at the Oceanview Cafe, every day the same thing. Which it did surprise me because Royal Caribbean has a great selection. I was dissappointed and the quality of food. It was ok, it did not WOW me. Celebrity is supposed to be better than Royal Caribbean, but this experience show otherwise.

I spoke to another couple who cruise a lot time with Celebrity and they told me that the food on the Equinox was very poor, and that it does not compare to other celebrity cruises.

I really don't know if I would cruise with them again.

crabdip's Full Rating Summary

Cabin AQ 1544

We were in the Aqua Class - plenty space, I wish that the flowers were change every day - love the bathroom, the shower - it's does kind that has several spray. It was very relaxing. But my only complaint which is very significant due to the fact that you pay for the service is that no one when we board the ship told us about the amenities and the perks that we have as an Aqua Class guest. It make me feel that they were trying to still from something that I paid.

St. Thomas

We just shop. We walked to downtown and came back walking.

St. Kitts (Port Zante)

We golf at the St. Kitts Marriott. Beautiful course, beautiful ocean views, we love the course. The downside is that the ship left at 3 pm and we could not finish playing the 18 holes.

Barbados

It's ok. We went downtown and to the beach (boat yard)

Dominica

Ok, we went shopping & walk around. We bought hand made sandals - very nice. I think the time spend in this island is longer that it needs to be.

St. Maarten

Great location, shopping - very good prices, good food, the beach is right there - wish we would stay longer. Time went to fast. I will definitely will go back to stay at St. Martin. We also visited the French Side, beautiful but expensive. They currency is Euro, so the dollars has less value than in St. Maarten.

crabdip