3. Queen Elizabeth
We travelled on Queen Elizabeth's Festive Debut as virgin Cunarders, and we weren't disappointed. We boarded swiftly and were greeted, by smiling crew, all offering to help as we were travelling with my mother and two small children. The cabin size was fantastic, we had 3 cabins, my mother in one and the 2 cabins between my husband myself and the 2 children, unfortunately one of the cabins must have been occupied previously by a heavy smoker, and the smell remained throughout the cruise, even after cleaning, so we all slept in one cabin, which was fine, as there was a pull out sofa bed. The sail away was wonderful with carols quayside, and excitement in the air. We dinned in the Upper Britannia Restaurant which was fabulous, the waiters went over and above service, and always ensured that the children were looked after, and arranged special meals for them. Yes the wine was a little pricey, but I gathered before we left, so was determined not to get hung up about it. The shows were always fabulous, and varied - the children thoroughly enjoyed them all - although Des O'Connor, seemed to over run slightly, it didn't matter, the youngest just fell asleep. The Queens room had dancing each night which we would watch whilst the children had a go, and then we would go up to The Yacht Club and dance away to Serious Sounds, the DJ was a little disappointing as he couldn't download any recent music??? The Islands we visited were truly breath taking and we were all amazed at the sheer beauty of them all, we didn't book excursions through Cunard - we went independently as this offers more flexibility - especially with children, and this option was cheaper too. Christmas day was wonderful with Father Christmas appearing and giving everyone who wanted one a gift. The children's club was fantastic too, although we only let the children go in for 2 hours on a sea day, was amazed that some parents put their children in on Christmas day???? All in all it was a very relaxing cruise, my only trouble was with the other passengers complaining it made me cringe - we all knew the schedule before we booked, so to complain seems pointless, yes shops were closed, but IT WAS THE HOLIDAYS!!!!! Also my family were in the small minority who hadn't travelled Cunard before and to be honest it was a little boring hearing the constant "its not as nice as the QE2" Well your are on the Queen Elizabeth - so just enjoy it!! I must admit I am looking forward to my next trip to catch up with the crew, and it will most definitely be with Cunard - as to coin the company's phrase "We are Cunard!!"

Fabulous Festive Debut!!!

Queen Elizabeth Cruise Review by Hamilton

The sail away was wonderful with carols quayside, and excitement in the air.

Hamilton’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Ages 3 to 6
Ages 7 to 9
Get Cunard Queen Elizabeth price drops

Great Storage, Bathroom a little on the small side, but then again you are only spending a small amount of time in there, bedding lovely Bed, very comfortable, nice sofa, desk space and drawers either side.

Always cleaned to highest standard and turn-down service each night.
  Queen Elizabeth Deck Plans