• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise

Review for Carnival Miracle to the Southern Caribbean
5 o'clock
2-5 Cruises • Age 40s

Sail Date: Dec 2010
Cabin: Balcony (obstructed views)

My wife and I celebrated our 20 year anniversary, brought in 2011, enjoyed the college bowl games and visited 3 amazing islands along the way. This was our third cruise and second with Carnival. We chose Carnival because the atmosphere (for us) on Carnival truly is FUN and relaxing. In addition, the cost of this cruise compared to other New Year cruises was very affordable.

After getting quotes from a travel agent and checking various online travel sites, I booked this cruise online directly with Carnival and arranged our airline travel on my own. We were fortunate to have no travel issues as we flew in from the Midwest the day of embarkation. Upon arriving in Fort Lauderdale airport (FLL), we took a cab ($17 including tip for the both of us) for a 10 minute ride to the Port. We were impressed at how quickly and affordable it was to get from the airport to the port.

Embarkation went smoothly and took 30 - 45 minutes from the time we got out of the cab to stepping onto the ship. We were greeted on the ship with complimentary champagne (I assume for being a New Year Cruise).

Balcony (obstructed views)