3. Navigator of the Seas
Windjammer lunch was not very good. First night in the My Time Dining Room (Swan lake dining room), we were there for over two hours. They never could get my dressing right on my salad, so I ended up not even eating it. Hubby got vidalia onion tart, and it was good. Rolls were almost too hard to eat. I got some kind of white truffle oil linguine dish as my entree' which was VERY good. Hubby got prime rib. It was good. Dessert was strawberry pavlova. It was "ok", but I wish I would have gotten something else. We were not impressed at all with the parade on the promenade. The cruise director was annoying. Not impressed with the ballroom dancers, a couple from Russia. Day 2 breakfast in the windjammer was better than lunch, however, beware of the scrambled eggs. They are not good. Lunch in the main dining room, we got the catfish. It was good, as well as the oreo cheesecake. THe banana chocolate crunch dessert was not that good. Pool water was extremely cold, but we managed to get in and tolerate it somewhat. Large hot tubs are nice. Lava flows, strawberry daquiries were 7 dollars. Budweiser were 4.25 (not including fees) Second night was formal night, we ate at Chops. Service was very good. Ordered Beef tenderloin & eggplant tower. It came out bloody, so I got a salad instead. Hubby liked it though. Server also offered Hubby another appetizer. He got the crabcake. He said it was good but I did not try it. We don't know much about wine, but we described what we would like and the server chose perfectly! Ordered filet mignon well done. Server tried to convince me to get medium well. I said no. It came out perfectly and was delicious. Hubby ordered strip steak medium well. Came out well done, and he said it was too dry for him. We got the apple pie and the cheesecake for dessert. We were happy with our dessert choices. We went to the Dungeon, which was really cool, but we did have a weird security experience. After two whole days of ordering alcoholic beverages and no one asking for ID, we were approached by two security men in the Dungeon who asked for our seapasses. They took them and returned and asked for my husband's ID, and took it. (This happened even AFTER we had ordered drinks in there and was sitting drinking them) So they came back and said they couldn't tell it was him at first because he had GLASSES on in the pic on his seapass card. So apparently if you wear eyeglasses, and sometime wear contacts, you look like a completely different person--at least to the dungeon security!lol Day 3- We had room service breakfast. It's the same stuff from the windjammer, without the trip up there. We got room service lunch as well, after returning from the beach on Labadee. We got the fried honey stung chicken with sweet potatoe fries. It was very good. Better than anything we tried in the windjammer. The spinach and artichoke dip is very good, too. But take my advice and request EXTRA chips. We had dinner in the main dining room tonight. Better & quicker service than the first night-different server. We had some kind of garlic soup for appetizer. It was just ok. It had the texture of a grainy potatoe soup w/o the chunks. Hubby ordered rigatoni. The server said he was going to bring out lamb for him to try as well. I ordered chicken marsala. I was told the lamb dish was not good, but the rigatoni was (the rigatoni with the spicy sausage). My dish was just ok. It was basically chicken breasts with gravy. We ordered tiramisu for dessert. We did NOT like it. It was unlike any I've had before. It was really wet and sloppy. Later that night we went to Johnny Rockets. We really enjoyed it there. They automatically bring you a plate with fries and onion rings. I didn't care for the fries, but the onion rings were good. We also paid extra for shakes, but I would say to save your money and go for the oreo sundae that's included in the price, because it is just as good if not better (we had that the next night). The ventriloquist was good up until the part he brings a monkey out. I could have definitely skipped that part of the show. Day 4 we were in Montego Bay. We got a call from room service saying they were bringing up our order. I told them we did not order anything. It was from yesterday, so since we hadn't eaten yet, we told them to go ahead and bring it up. It worked out. We took a hot spot taxi to Margaritaville and ate there. I got the nachos with chicken, and hubby got the fish n chips. The fish was not very good. On Day 5 I went up to the windjammer to hopefully get some bananas and apples, but there were not bananas this day, and the apples were not in great shape. There were mushy spots all over them. I grabbed some yogurt to take to the room. It was not good at all. We had lunch in the mdr. I got some kind of chicken yakitori and it was just ok. Hubby ordered a steak sandwich. It was not a sandwich (no top bun) and not very good. We got the strawberry napoleon for dessert, and that was good. We caught the juggler act on the tv and he was good. His comedy was not funny, but he was talented in his juggling. Overall, I would recommend Johnny rockets, and chops grille. Stay away from the scrambled eggs. Beware that when you order a sandwich, it may not be an actual sandwich. I was disappointed with the limited ice skating times. We never did get to ice skate :( We were happy with our room, 8622, with a hump balcony.

Satisfactory but will not choose this ship again

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by kdlog

We were happy with our room, 8622, with a hump balcony.
kdlog’s Full Rating Summary