3. Island Princess
We flew in the day before and stayed the night in the Crowne Plaza airport/cruise port. I travel 60 plus nights a year and this was the worst Crowne Plaza I have ever stayed in. The location is close to port but there is nothing close. The hotel restraurant is the only thing close and there food is close to average & below. Check in was OK. We got there around 11:00 am and only had to wait 20-30 minutes. We had an inside cabin and was very please with it's size. There was a separate dressing/closet area and you could actually walk around both sides of the bed. The cabin attendent was about the only staff we found to do a great job and actually smiled and cared about helping you out. This was my 15th cruise. I have been on small and big ships. This was the roughest I have ever experienced. Even the calm days at sea this ship rocks. We had anytime seating and you were seated right away if you were willing to share a table. IF you wanted to sit by yourself you wanted 30 -45 minutes average. The food was probably the worst I have ever had at sea. The soups were very bland. Several dishes I sent back, could not eat. I never remember doing this before. They did have good steaks and served Lobster twice. There baked potatoes were hard like they were could hours before. A lot of the food needed flavor. The wine was only served by the glass or bottle. and the average bottle was $40 plus tip. The service was some of the worst I have ever seen. The minimum time to have an evening meal was 2 plus hours. The waiters seemed unorganized or need some help with time management. The entertainment was about high school quality. We saw the Tribute & the Piano Man. Dinner took so long we missed several nights. Getting off the ship was a breeze. We just had to ask for different time of departure. There departure forms are a bit confusing. Like I said this was my 14th cruise so I was not a novice at this.

Great for a Panama Cruise not for the cruiselines

Island Princess Cruise Review by traceygirl

traceygirl’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Get Island Princess price drops

Interior
Cabin IE B221
Great space for an inside cabin. The best part of this cruise.
Baja Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins