Silverseas Silver Spirit - one week YES, two+weeks NO: Silver Spirit Cruise Review by ms_cruiser
Overall Member Rating
Silverseas Silver Spirit - one week YES, two+weeks NO
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
- only 500+ passengers
- very well appointed and well planned suites, even the Vista suites have ample room, closet space, and well planned and appointed bathrooms
- vanity, but bring your own extension cord with extra plugs
- wonderful system for converting coffee table to dining room table
- free movies on demand, all categories, over 500
- your very own butler
- almost everything is included (wine and spirits, water, etc.)
- pampered service everywhere!
- La Terraza breakfast and lunch buffets, nothing hurried, staff assist with plates, pre-set tables with linens
- it's size allows the ship to have premier docking slips in ports, in Venice the ship docked right on the Venice Lagoon
- never, ever crowded - anywhere!
- European style late start to dining hours, More earliest is 7PM, main dining room is 7:30PM
- very late breakfast opening - 7:30 PM, hard to eat and make an 8AM private tour if one wants to make the most of the day
- no casual option for dinner, would be nice to have a buffet option for those who just want something light, don't want to dress up, and don't want room service
- very bad system for continuing passengers (2+ week cruisers) as you're not allowed to book anything (excursions, hair appts., dining room reservations) in advance once you've embarked. The longer you're on the ship, the more difficult this is to reconcile as you can't book anything for future weeks, online or otherwise. Your embarkation stops all your online reservation privileges putting those who have not yet embarked and may be cruising for only one week, ahead of you in terms of appointment times and preferences. You can book via phone or at the venue once embarkation for that week begins. Note: Staff do try to help and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
- Main Dining Room, not very inviting, food could be simpler Less
Cabin review: VR
Vista Suite", Deck 5 Very large walk in closet, TV's in bedroom AND living room Privacy curtain between living and dining room Wifi Vanity with stool Avoid Deck 5, steel structure of ship impedes view on this level and, this deck is used for accommodation for service personnel, and they can be (and were) noisy! Great bathrooms, with tubs and separate showers, lots of shelving for personal items Great air conditioning - very quiet and effective Suite A+, Deck F (failed)
Value for Money
Wish it was better
7 Nights Athens to Barcelona
Did not meet any of our expect...
Interesting Mediterranean Crui...
Service and Food