• Newsletter

Value for Money

Sail Date: Dec 2010
Cabin: Deluxe Inside Stateroom
Traveled with children

Pre-cruise we stayed at the Days Inn in Cocoa Beach, Florida two nights before we were to set sail on our cruise. I really enjoyed the area of Port Everglades as it was significantly less populated compared to the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area. We left our hotel at 10:30am and arrived at Port Canaveral about 10:45am and I dropped off the family while they went to check in and I went to park the car at the port. By the time I had parked the car and returned to the terminal, we were already checked in and we took pictures with Mickey in the terminal and sat around waiting for our category to be called. They started boarded at about 12:00 and by 12:30 we were called to board. A unique thing to the Disney Magic cruise is that when you board, you give your name to them as you board and they announce on the loud speakers: "The Disney Magic welcomes the Tyler family..." with cheers from the crew. We went to the Parrot Cay restaurant and sat for lunch and had a decent lunch. Also, unique to the Disney Magic is rotating dinners so every night you change your restaurant and your waiters move with you. We had three dinners in Parrot Cay, two in Lumineres and two in the Animators Palate. Are head waiter was Mario and he did a great job. Overall service on the Disney Magic was good and comparable to our past Carnival cruises.

The food I would rate at about a 3 out of 5 stars. It was okay but I was disappointed in that there were no 24 hours food places open, most closed at 12am. The layout of the ship is nice with hidden Mickey's everywhere.

Disney Characters were also often around for pictures, pictures and more pictures. The daily newsletter told where Characters would be and what time. My mother and wife spend over $400 on pictures!!!

Deluxe Inside Stateroom

Cabins were small compared to what we are used to on Carnival. The tile in the bathrooms are showing their age. But we did not spend much time in the cabin.

previous reviewnext review