3. Carnival Inspiration
We went on this trip as our honeymoon and were mostly happy with the cruise. The ship is a little overboard in the decorating department. It has a very Casio meets Mardi Gras theme. It was also a little dark inside. Our cabin was awesome we booked a suite with a balcony and were very pleased with all the storage space and size of the bathroom. Our cabin steward was very friendly and did a fantastic job. The balcony left a little to be desired, a life boat obstructed most of the view. The activities offered left much to be desired. It seemed all there was to be offered was bingo and the art auctions. There we NO mixers or special offerings for honeymooners or young couples. The first night they did have a singles party, but it did not seem that many attended. I honestly got bored on our days at sea. I found myself wondering about looking for things to keep busy. They had a good movie selection on the cruise television network, but I did not come all that way to watch a movie in my cabin. I wish they would have had more cultural talks or hands on demonstrations for those of us who stayed away from the pool areas. The nightly shows were ok, but there was too much emphasis on the singers, who were really not all that good. The food was very good. We had a blast in the dining room for dinner, but we thought the Brassiere left something to be desired. We always had to wait in line and had trouble finding a place to sit. Breakfast was always the same food. We got tired of it. Grand Cayman was still very torn up from the hurricanes and we went to Stingray city to pet the rays. This was very cool. We were docked for such a short period of time that we really didn't have any time after the excursion to look around and shop. Cozumel was fun. It really helped that we were there all day. We shopped in the morning and then went on the catamaran/snorkeling/ beach excursion. This was awesome. The crew of the Fury were very fun and made the trip very festive. The snorkeling left something to be desired. There were lots of fish, but not too much coral. After the trip we shopped a little more. Be sure to haggle with the vendors. Overall we had a very good time, but the staff did nothing to make us feel special about our honeymoon. We chose to cruise to get that extra attention and didn't get it through Carnival. When I sailed Royal Caribbean they did a much better job of going the extra mile to recognize special occasions. Next time we will not be choosing Carnival. They are supposed to the the "Fun Ship." I thought they were the dull ship.

Carnival Inspiration - Western Caribbean