Rhapsody of the Seas - 18 to 26 December 2010 - Xmas Cruise: Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Review by Adriana&Luis
Overall Member Rating
Rhapsody of the Seas - 18 to 26 December 2010 - Xmas Cruise
Destination: South Pacific
2.Once inside we went to the restaurant to have lunch (we were advised that rooms would be ready by 1.00 pm) so we had lunch and about 1.00pm went to our rooms that were ready, bags were delivered soon after (around 3pm) so I was able to unpack before sailing away (last time I unpack during sailing and got a bit sea sick, so it was perfect to have bags before sailing time).
3. Rooms were on the small side,but with lots of storage, More I don't regret choosing this category, didn't spend much time in it, as the social areas are so nice, not packed and many venues to hang around.
4. Service: OMG the staff are FANTASTIC nothing is too much and they are always ready to go an extra mile to serve you.
5. Entertainment: I would prefer to have more variety, it was always the same band @ pool level, with same music, so it was a bit boring, they would play for 2-3 hours per day and they would put the radio/cd/etc for the remainder of the day, I spend most of my time @ pool level and would love to have more music. The speakers needs maintenance as the sound quality was very poor.
6. 2nd sitting at dinner (8.30pm): it was perfect for us the only let down was that we would miss some activities/shows/games because it was during our dinner time. But Octavian and Carin (waiter & assistant) were WONDERFUL so no regrets here because they made our evenings very special. They had 3 night with music yes they sang for us. We went every single night to dinner it was our get together (as I barely saw my teens during the cruise), shame on some people that didn't showed up on last night to not pay the grats. Restaurant was empty, and we could see the disappointment on the waiters faces. So don't do this its very SAD.
7. Teens: We had 4 (13,13,15 & 18) had they enjoyed it??? nop.. just kidding! They are already asking when are we going again. Do I need to say anything else? And they are the type that keep saying "i'm bored" We barely saw them apart from dinner time, as we have made them come other ways I would probably just see them at check out.
8. Shops: We need to buy some pads for my daughter and none were left (just tampons) so make sure you take all you need, because you may not find it onboard.
Now shopping was good, alcohol, jewellery, souvenirs were all nice and cheap, so be prepared to spend some money there.
9. Photos: we took a lot with our cameras but also bought the package for their photos, one of the photographers was very nice (the blond one) the others couldn't care less, (sorry can't remember his name) they would take one shot and not care if you had your mouth full with the food, or if the person next to you were your other half or not.
10. Check out: very smooth again, we choose to get out 9.30 (being the last ones to leave) and our bags were out there waiting for us, no confusion or anything. Less
Read Cruise Critic’s Rhapsody of the Seas Review >>