My husband and I embarked on Oriana with great expectations. What a terrible disappointment this cruise proved to be. Between Sydney and Brisbane we had two engine breakdowns. In Yorkeys Knob the tenders were so late that we were unable to go ashore. The refrigerator in our cabin did not work and it took four changes of frig in eight days before we got one which cooled. It took three days for a light bulb to be changed in my bedside lamp. We must have had the worst cabin on the ship. In rough seas it was like being on a bucking horse and I was violently seasick. The noise from the thrusters was apalling and we had to leave the cabin to get away from the noise, which was difficult at 5a.m. The meals were poor other than in the Rhodes restaurant where there is a hefty cover charge. Reception staff were offhand and did not know what was going on. To cap it all off we were told that as there were few people disembarking in Bangkok we would have to take our luggage ashore ourselves. P&O have not even had the courtesy to respond to the letter we sent them on disembarkation.

P&O Oriana

Oriana Cruise Review by Darleena

• Sail Date: November 2010
  • Destination: Asia

It took three days for a light bulb to be changed in my bedside lamp.

Reception staff were offhand and did not know what was going on.

Darleena’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Get Oriana price drops

Cabin F104
Disgraceful cabin F104. We were promised a window cabin and instead got one with two miserable portholes. The cabin was dark and small. In rough seas it was like being on a bucking horse and the noise from the thrusters was unbearable. This cabin should not be sold to passengers.
  Oriana Deck Plans