• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

6-10 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Dec 2010
Cabin:
Traveled with children

Before I give the review, we are very much Go with the Flow cruisers. There is always something that's going to happen that may upset you, but you are on a cruise ship to have fun!

We booked a five day Princess cruise for various reasons. One, we had sailed on the Ruby early last year and enjoyed that very much. The Crown is a sister ship. Two, we were taking my 19 year old daughter and her friend and I was worried that maybe seven days was too long(wrong!. Plus the ports were Grand Turks and Princess Cays and I knew they'd be very safe at those places. Lastly the price I got from Princess was so cheap it was hard to turn down. Add that to the fact we live in Florida and therefore transportation costs were minimal. If I had to pay $700 for a flight then I'd think twice about a five day trip.

We left home at 7am, and despite the sound of two snoring girls in the back seat the drive was uneventful. We could see the rain following us down the coast, and we were very happy to arrive about 11.30am, drop off the luggage and park the car while still being dry. Embarkation was painless - usually routine - fill out forms saying you're not dying of some disease, go through security, no wait to get sail cards and then on the ship (after the first obligatory picture stop). A nice host actually took us to our indoor cabins on the Baja deck. The Princess indoor cabins are great, with loads of storage space and a "private" area to get dressed in. The room was spotless and the room steward Jason very nice and did a wonderful job. And god bless the steward who took care of the girls room which, whenever I peeked in, looked like a hurricane zone.

Princess inside cabin B512. Loads of storage space, nice dressing area, flat screen TV, comfortable bed.

previous reviewnext review