3. Navigator of the Seas
We have sailed with RC 2 other times and felt that the food quality was passable. We decided to cruise with them again because it was a last minute decision and this cruise was available. We went without very high expectations regarding the food. I have to say that RC did not disappoint us. The food quality this time was, at times, inedible. If they cannot cook lobster tails properly, don't serve them. If the quality of the prime rib is poor, don't serve it. I understand budget cutbacks to keep the cruise price down, but there is no excuse for such poor quality. The cream soups were mostly cornstarch and little flavor. The salmon was dried out. The food in the Windjammer was not much better. The selections were limited and not very good. I eaten in cafeterias that had better food. I am not that picky and understand cooking for a large crowd, but there is no excuse. This will be our very last RC cruise. I should add that everything else about the cruise was great. They have an amazing staff, good entertainment, and great facilities. It is just the food. I cannot believe the rave reviews I have read about their food. Did these folks have the same cooks?

Quality and selection of food has gone from bad to worse!

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by maipenrai

maipenrai’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Get Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas price drops

Fine location, very quiet
  Navigator of the Seas Deck Plans

• Grand Cayman (Georgetown)
    Grand Cayment was fine, although I was disappointed that there were not more higher quality shops. The people were friendly and the taxi drivers fair. We also stopped in Cozumel, but did not go into the city. We browsed in the shops by the port, and were interested in purchasing some jewelry, until the shopkeeper finally showed us the certification. This document had different information than what the shopkeeper told us. He also had inflated his price to above the suggested retail on the certification. At that point we left with no purchase and went back to the ship.
    View All 3,485 Grand Cayman (Georgetown) Cruise Port Reviews