• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

donman223
First Time Cruiser • Age 60s

Sail Date: Dec 2010
Cabin: Neptune Deluxe Veranda Suite

This was our first cruise out of many more to come. Like probably most people I did a lot of homework before deciding on this cruise. I read review after review and I must say that Cruise Critic became my best resource and deciding factor, I was even able to get a better deal through this site. I became aware of the many differences between cruise lines amenities and customer service records through reviews such as the one I am submitting, I thank all those who provided honest opinions and guidance that were very valuable tools for me. After all, a cruise is not an everyday trip for most people.

I must say that Holland America Line has the cruise experience down to a science, from the checking in to the debarkation, the process was efficient and convenient.

The only problem encountered during this itinerary was the rainy weather in some of the ports and a bit of rough seas along the way (thanks heaven for Bonine). Here's a brief review of the ports visited:

Neptune Deluxe Veranda Suite

Cabin SB

Our stateroom was spacious and quiet, we enjoyed a little extra room due to its location and the balcony was extra large as well. The bedding was outstanding.

10 Helpful Vote