3. Crown Princess
We drove to the port in Fort Lauderdale from Jacksonville, Florida. The drive was uneventful until we decided to leave the interstate to do some banking. We were involved in a minor accident. Luckily, we were able to report the accident to all insurance companies involved and continue on to Fort Lauderdale. So my first word of advice would be to stay on the interstate, except, for emergencies before year reach the Port. Once there, we boarded very easily. It was around three in the afternoon, so we faced no lines or crowds. Princess lets you go to your cabin as soon as you board. I loved that. Our cabin attendent came in, introduced himself, answered our questions, told us where the Maitre'd Was located and pointed out services we could expect. We were so impressed that we tipped him right then. We have never done that before. He was that excellent for the entire cruise. The cabin was always kept tidy and neat. He solved any problems we had quickly. We had few, but appreciated his effort. Needless to say, we tipped him extra again when we left. The balcony overlooked other balconys. My DH started conversations with some of the men enjoying their balconies below, and they chatted every day for the entire cruise. That was nice but I would not want one of the uncovered balconies. The Baja Deck Balcaonies were all covered. The Shower was tiny. We had lots of cabinet and closet space. Other than the shower, the room was excellent. The Muster is inside. Stupid me, I thought it was outside. So I took my life jacket, sat out there, and began to wonder where was everyone. They were sitting INSIDE right the behind the window I was sitting beside OUTSIDE. So the muster in INSIDE, not on the Deck. We dined in the Botticelli Dining Room on early fixed dining. Our wait staff was very good. We found the food to be very good. My favorites seemed to all come on the first three nights. I enjoyed the beef medallians on the anytime dining, the Fetticine Alfredo was as good as everyone said it was, and the desserts were good. We ate in the Crown Grill one night. The Filet Migon I had was the best steak I have ever had. It was delicious, fork tender and cooked just right. We also ate at Sabatinis(sp) and enjoyed it. Our Waiter was charming and informed. You basically order an entree and then sample a lot of appetizers. I enjoyed that. The bread they served there was the best in the world. They had one with black olives baked into it and another with different cheese. They should be packaged and sold. I could have made a meal from just that wonderful bread. We did not do any room service. I went to the International Cafe every day for a Latte. I also ate a party sandwich and cookies from the complimentary treats. I loved that place. I really did. We ate breakfast in the Buffet every morning. If you can not find something good to eat up there, you are not looking very hard. I liked the layout of the buffet. it managed the crowds much better, I thought. I again enjoyed their sweet rolls. We did not try the Pizza. My DH ate a hamburger every day for lunch and he was pleased. I can't imagine anyone seriously gripping about the food on The Crown. We took shore trips at each port except for Grand Caymon. The Trolley Tour was cancelled so we could not get on a tour. We walked around and shopped some. It was a nice day. In Roatan, we did the tour of the Island where one sees Iguanas. It was a horrible tour. We, and most of us were Senior Citizens, were crammed into tiny vans, sitting three and four aside. The tour consisted of a stop at an American's Beach House. It had huge steps, no rails and at the top you were met by the Owners, who then tried to sell you a condo. Ugh. It was a Princess Tour. The Tour in Mexico, a Princess Tour, was sort of routine, but it was professional. The Bus was clean and cool. We did go to shopping areas too much, but we also went to the National Museum of Cozumel and I enjoyed that. Our guide was knew his stuff and spoke perfect English. He had lived in Chicago. The tour in the Bahamas, Princess Cay, was a major surprise. It was pricy, but I wanted to see the Island. We had nice buses, no crowd, the Island beyond Princes Cays is clean, bright, well kept. The villages are small, but gaily painted. Our tour guides spoke excellent English. They tried to teach us how to weave baskets, much to our enjoyment. We went walking to a local jail andother govt. buildings. A lunch at a local restaurant was included on the tour. The food, while not to my taste, was clean as was the restaurant. The locals could not have been nicer. We were shown how they celebrate Christmas in the Bahamas and all in all, it was one of the best, nicest tours I have ever been on, and I have been on a few. More people should take this one. We enjoy playing Trivia on Cruise Ships. The Crown gets an A+ in this area. The activities staff had trivias with themes, including costumes and in character, trivia that is "jeopardized" and one with a Big Western Theme. We meet two Canadian Families that we played ( and won) with several times, and the fun we had there just made the cruise. My hat is off to the Crown's Activities staff. They were just super. The Cruise Director was out and about on the ship all of the time. He was the first CD I have ever known to go up and down the lines in the theater and greet people. I think he is doing a heck of a job. We went to all of the stage productions. The First one, which was a Cole Porter sort of thing, with young "gentlemen" and "french" maids was about 40 years out of day. It was a what time is it? what day is it? what month is it? endurance test. I slmost did not go back. But the Second Production Show and the Third one were excellent. My DH and I enjoyed them both.What happened with that first one, I don't know. I heard several passengers complain about how bad it was. I think Princess, in the two last performances, had good shows. But to me, Carnival has the best at Sea. As they are all owned by the same parent company, I wonder why they don't swap them around among cruise lines? The dancers and singers on Princess had MUCH talent. They needed better materials. The stage sets were lovely on Princess too. We don't swim, so we did do pools or anything, but the weather was great and I always saw empty sun chairs by the pool. We did not see any of the comedians, but again, we heard people rave about some of them. Actually, there were so many things we did not get to do, that we have decided that we must go back on the Crown and sail the same route again. You know we enjoyed the cruise! We met lovely people. We had much fun. We ate many good meals. We saw many intersting things. Too Soon, it was time to leave. The week was gone in a flash. We were late in getting off of the ship. We had been told we were to go to breakfast,go to an assigned area ( we were in the casino) and wait to be called by color code on our luggage,( which went out the night before.) We were to be called..or we were given a time to disembark at 9:30. It was almost 11 when we were called. I heard that something had happened in Immigration, but then someone else said the computors went out, so who knows. Once we were called, we were out like a flash, collected our luggage and went through immigration quickly. I would recommend this cruise to anyone.

The Crown Princess is still loaded with Jewels

Crown Princess Cruise Review by AmberTeka

I would recommend this cruise to anyone.
AmberTeka’s Full Rating Summary