3. Adventure of the Seas
Well, we're back. We arrived in Puerto Rico on Friday, December 10th for our Sunday, December 12th Cruise. We stayed at the San Juan Marriott and Stellaris Casino. Nice hotel, the pool bar and restaurant were HORRIBLE. Avoid it at all costs. We arrived at the Port on Sunday at about 12:30pm. There were 2 large lines, but very little organization. We stood in one line to deposit our luggage (luckily we found someone to take our luggage), and then stood in another line to get into the terminal. We stood in line for over 4 hours. They were having Customs issues. I heard a number of reasons, 1. someone died on the cruise before, they only had 10 customs agents for over 3000 people...I really don't know but RCCL never sent anyone to tell us. We had an elderly member of our family who became ill waiting in the heat with no chairs for over 4 hours and when I discussed her condition with RCCL, I was basically told "sorry, nothing we can do". I'm not used to that when it comes to RCCL. I'm going to be general with everything, please feel free to contact me if you need more specifics. Room - We had a Deluxe Oceanview with Balcony on the 6th floor (Rm. 6308). The room was neat the balcony confining...no glass doors, all metal, large enough for us. Our friends were in a connecting room in 6306. Our Room Attendant was Al, and was our personal star for the week. Ship - The ship is lovely, no big difference from the others in her class. We have and will always LOVE Royal Caribbean ships. Food - I'm not a picky eater, but quite honestly, it wasn't that good. The EXACT same breakfast every morning, and they were always running out of food, and all the stations were never open in the Windjammer. In the main dining room we had the surf and turf on Friday evening, only to have one of the lobsters be spoiled...that wasn't cute. Our waiter was ok, our Asst. Waiter was very personable and our Headwaiter was also very nice...Dining was not our favorite part, which it usually is. Not so much the food, but the interaction with the Waiters. The Crew - Well, this was disappointing...everyone had a very laid back attitude...almost to the point of lazy. No extra efforts, no nothing. We met some stars but most everyone was quite laid back. Ports - We went to: Barbados, St. Lucia, Antigua, St. Maarten, and St. Croix. St. Maarten was the best as it always is for me. I love the shopping. I have been on 5 cruises with RCCL, and by far, this was the worst. If there was one event to epitomize my trip, here it is: We made an appointment with the Loyalty Ambassador on Thursday evening at 7:30pm. There were 12 of us. We arrived at 7:30pm only to find a sign that said that she wouldn't return until 8:45pm. When she returned, she apologized and explained that she was alone and had to attend the Platinum and Diamond event. No problem at all. We completely understood. We made a reservation for the Allure for next year. Gave her our specifications for dining, and rooms and made our deposit via our credit cards. She asked that we write each card number down on a piece of paper. She said that she would send me the confirmation numbers later that evening. I gave her my room number and made myself the lead contact. Nothing came Thursday, Friday, or Saturday. Please note that I went to her office daily to ask, only for her to tell me it would be there that evening. On Sunday, during debarkation, we saw her in front of the Platinum meeting area (We are Platinum members) and I asked her again. This time she said that she sent the information to one of our rooms the night before. Noone received it and she only had my room number....so it all sounded fishy. I called Royal Caribbean in route to the airport and asked about our reservations. They were made, but not held with a payment, so that meant that she lied to me. She couldn't have sent any paperwork until she made payment. She did eventually do everything yesterday (Monday) morning. 2 names misspelled, no crown and anchor numbers, and incorrect ages. So basically, thats how I felt the whole cruise...like I was being told one thing, and given another. I still love Royal Caribbean, I will continue to be a loyal supporter, but I won't do Adventurer, I won't come out of San Juan, but I will be on the Allure on December 4, 2011. We enjoyed our cruise and our vacation, it just wasn't the quality of service we expect from Royal Caribbean.

The Adventurer of the Seas out of Puerto Rico

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by Nessa1dc

Nessa1dc’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Get Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas price drops

• Barbados
    The shopping was terrible, but we took a tour with a gentlemen, who turned changed our minds about the island. The tour was fantastic. If you would like his contact information, please email me.
    During the tour, he stopped the van, cut a piece of sugar cane...and let us get an experience. He also stopped and allowed us to feed the monkeys.
    He was excellent.